Wing Vent Lock Gap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it normal for the wing vent lock gap to be this big. it is about 3/8" gap between the lock and the frame of the wing vent that the lock should be pressed against..

wing vent lock.jpg

No. The gaskets are likely too thick.

The lock should draw the wing window tight into the weatherstrip.

No. The gaskets are likely too thick.

The lock should draw the wing window tight into the weatherstrip.

Agreed, not normal. Mine cinches closed nicely. I would argue they are too thin though. Too thick and he wouldn't be able to close the lock.

The window is closing to far. Are you sure you have the gasket on correctly on the A-pillar side? I haven't done this on a 40 yet but have on other rigs. I'd double check that you have everything in the right channels and such.

@rainingagain

Agreed, not normal. Mine cinches closed nicely. I would argue they are too thin though. Too thick and he wouldn't be able to close the lock.

The window is closing to far. Are you sure you have the gasket on correctly on the A-pillar side? I haven't done this on a 40 yet but have on other rigs. I'd double check that you have everything in the right channels and such.
Please read post #4.

There is a difference between a gasket and a weatherstrip. ;)

You could drill and tap into the face of the latch nub. Looks like a stainless cap screw with a few washers would pull the window tightly closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom