Windscreen Wiper Motor Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The windscreen wiper motor on my RHD 2004 78 Series Troopy (Narrow nose) is extremely tired, and these cannot be rebuilt or reconditioned.

Ive checked and compared the Yota part numbers and prices for my model year and the newer wide nose post 2009 models

2004 model part no 85110-60180

2009 model part no 85110-60181

But the difference in price is US $100 - the 2009 model is the cheaper

Ive taken a photograph of both motors, the wire colours and connector plug are identical on both

Can anyone offer advice on why the 2009 version would or would not work or be compatible with the 2004 version.

The windscreen wiper motor on my RHD 2004 78 Series Troopy (Narrow nose) is extremely tired, and these cannot be rebuilt or reconditioned.

Ive checked and compared the Yota part numbers and prices for my model year and the newer wide nose post 2009 models

2004 model part no 85110-60180

2009 model part no 85110-60181

But the difference in price is US $100 - the 2009 model is the cheaper

Ive taken a photograph of both motors, the wire colours and connector plug are identical on both

Can anyone offer advice on why the 2009 version would or would not work or be compatible with the 2004 version.
You would need to be able to compare everything about the two. I would assume something is different between the two.

Actually, you don’t need to.

You buy the one specified for your vehicle, when available.

The last digit in a Toyota part number indicates a supersession or a major engineering change.

As such, comparisons are only worth it if one is willing to buy both parts (in this case, not cheap) and compare them.

IMexperince, always buy the parts specified for your vehicle unless you know what the call is in regards to a part number change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom