Window Tint Recommendation in Greenville SC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JToobe

SILVER Star
Threads
Son in law and daughter want to tint windows of their 62. I had mine done 5 years ago but shop is no longer in business. Anybody have solid experience?

I've had good service at masters car stereo at E. Washington and laurens road.

Also had good work done around Roger's stereo on woodruff rd

Any idea on prices? I've had a few quotes down here in Clemson area but haven't pulled the trigger.

I had 5% put on all second row and all rear glass and 15% on the front two windows for like $275 I think at Masters. I wanted 5% on the front too, but I couldn't see my mirrors at night. I like the 5% on the back though because you can't see in all my tools and stuff even with a flashlight at night.

Decide why they want it tinted. If it's for heat then darker isn't better. I hear this stuff is the latest and greatest for stopping heat. PRIME XR - XPEL

If it's for privacy I would strongly recommend riding and backing up in a similar vehicle with similar % tint. I have 20% on front side windows of the 4Runner and imho it's too dark at night. Same deal with my Tdi wagon not sure of % but it's too dark to see out of backing up at night I have to open my door to see.

I had 5% put on all second row and all rear glass and 15% on the front two windows for like $275 I think at Masters. I wanted 5% on the front too, but I couldn't see my mirrors at night. I like the 5% on the back though because you can't see in all my tools and stuff even with a flashlight at night.

Is this on your 80? I'm trying to figure out how to darken my rear windows over the factory mirror/whatever tint... got a decent photo if it is your 80?

Yeah, on my 80. The back windows are def a really different tint with that mirror, but it doesn't bother me.
image-20160710_075532.jpg

Any idea on prices? I've had a few quotes down here in Clemson area but haven't pulled the trigger.
Chuckles.....Best he's gotten is $250 from Rogers Stereo but he hasn't gotten quotes from everyone yet......since we know the Roger's family we will probably go with them......I figure if you've been doing window tinting for a while and still in business you must be pretty good as word would get out pretty quick if you suck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom