Window Insect Screens, anyone? (sleeping in truck) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all,

I've done my searches here, but only found reference to screens LandCruiserPhil used to offer (I think?).
-Has anyone found well-fitting mosquito screens for use on their 200's passenger windows? And/or moon roof?

I know they exist, but don't want to just order blind...

Hoping to pick up a set in the next few days...

Thanks!

I have a link for some that I’ll have to find. Unfortunately, they have to be shipped from the UK and I doubt they’ll make it by your trip. Stretch a T-shirt over your windows?

If it’s a big deal for ya and you don’t find anything, lmk and I’ll ship you mine to borrow.

I have a link for some that I’ll have to find. Unfortunately, they have to be shipped from the UK and I doubt they’ll make it by your trip. Stretch a T-shirt over your windows?

If it’s a big deal for ya and you don’t find anything, lmk and I’ll ship you mine to borrow.

Wow. That's a very nice offer, Cole. I'm not really sure if I'll need them at Cruise Moab... I just know I'm probably sleeping in the truck next to a river. Wondering if mosquitos will be a factor. Perhaps not...but I don't know.

**Maybe I could order a new set & just ship them directly to YOU...and I take your existing...?

Speaking of insects, @indycole ...Are your red hatch lights the white National Luna with the red lens over them? Or did they come red? I'm convinced that's a great setup in buggy areas. Was camping in the desert last weekend and while my hatch lights are great illuminators, the bugs love them. Also wonder if I could figure out red lenses to fit over these...

If you'd go for the Order-new-units-that-ship-to-you idea... PM your address. Can PayPal you shipping $ too if you are willing.
I think Cole is referring to Window Sox. I have them. For the 2nd row windows. Work well. About $50. Takes a while for them to arrive. Here is the US link.
Car & Vehicle Window Sun Shades, UV Protection, Fresh Air Flow & Parental Privacy - Home - Window Sox USA & Canada

Thank you, Dan. :)

BTW, Mark, as dry as the Moab area is you may not have an issue with mosquitos.

Ya, I don't know. You might be right about mosquitos... but just last weekend there were a ton of insects in Ocatillo desert, even though it was literally BONE DRY and no water features anywhere close. I was surprised. They weren't mosquitos, but it's still no fun sleeping with bugs.

Being a ghetto rigger myself, I just used some tent screen, draped it over an open door, closed the door on the screen. Boom, cheap window netting.

Ya, I thought of that too. I've done a few ghetto projects in the last couple weeks... :)
Just hoping I can do something that I won't have to re-do in the middle o the night, etc.

Sure, shoot me your address and I’ll send you mine. Give them a try and then if you like them we can work something out.

I have 1 red light and 1 white light. The red light features both red leds and a red lens, to my knowledge. Now I believe NL offers dual color lights.

I have the window sox and they work well, but my brother in law bought the $20 set from Amazon for his Sequoia and they work just as well.

@Markuson have a couple options for you. One - you can borrow my DIY hatch screen if you want it, doesn't take up much space. Only time it won't work is high winds. And 2nd, get yourself a $25 Thermacell and extra cartridges, they are the best, though won't run all night.

IMG_20170428_190914.jpg
IMG_20170417_212002.jpg
IMG_20170417_212657.jpg

Nice!

Not familiar with thermacell. Will check it out.

Thanks, Zac.

I have @LandCruiserPhil screens for the 100 and I put them on the 200 to see what was what. They fit about 98% or so and would be good enough for me. I can throw them back on if anyone needs a pic.

At Cruise Moab, you’ll probably need the screens more for the cottonwood than the mosquitoes :D no guarantees. I had no mosquito issues in Moab. Now the rubicon, that’s a different story :eek: thermacell rocks, but wind pretty much kills the protection factor. I ran the thermacell on the dash and the rig hatch open, windows cracked and no mosquitoes would venture in after the dobers :)

At Cruise Moab, you’ll probably need the screens more for the cottonwood than the mosquitoes :D no guarantees. I had no mosquito issues in Moab. Now the rubicon, that’s a different story :eek: thermacell rocks, but wind pretty much kills the protection factor. I ran the thermacell on the dash and the rig hatch open, windows cracked and no mosquitoes would venture in after the dobers :)

Ya, whether mosquitos or other itchy, buzzing critters...I’d just as soon not sleep with them. :) When you sleep in a closed truck, it also gets too humid from breathing, etc. so some bug-less ventilation will be helpful.

Looks like nights at CM might be a tad chilly...so no gaping tailgates...but windows should do nicely.

Thanks, all...for the great info. I think Cole is sending his and I’ll probably just order him a new set. :)

By the way... I checked with @LandCruiserPhil and alas...no more screens from them. I guess suppliers were being flaky. Bummer. Love his jack cap tho. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom