Wildcat Ridge Loop Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there,

Generally new to the idea of "overlanding" (camping out of your car) and I was wondering if I could get some help. I have done a brief search for what im looking for already but could not find what I was looking for, so please forgive me if Im posting something thats already on another thread.

Me and a friend are planning a off road "overlanding" trip to Wildcat Ridge Loop in Georgia and we are figuring out camping arrangements. I have no idea what im doing in regards to camping in close proximity to my car, as the only camping I have done is Dispersed Camping in my hammock along trails, and was wondering if I could get some pointers.

Do I just pull off to the side of the trail and set of my hammock? Do I need to find somewhere specific on the road trail?

Im using this trip to test whether or not this is what I want to do for fun. I love cars and I love the outdoors and camping. This trail seemed to be really easy and a good test. I have a well maintained 99 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR 4x4, and I have looked into modifying it to make it more reliable offroad (31' BFG All terrains with a 2" lift via TT mod and shackle lift just to start off) and want this trip to be the deciding factor.

The map and info I am basing this off is Southeast Overlanding Off Road Trails maps on their website.

Thanks for any help you can provide, again I got no idea what im doing, so any help will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom