Why do you carry an axe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Calico Kid,
As a side note, my company stamps out that toothed digger attachment for Forrest Tools that is shown in the picture you posted. :)

That's cool man. I have not had used it yet but I will some day.

:cheers:

I have one of those as well. It's also a great "Multi-tool".

Redirect Notice[/QUOTE]
Moab 2010 052.jpg

A few months back I went for a little exursion, and one the way back out (one way in and out), a large pine tree had fallen across the road. I'd have been stuck for some time without my axe. It's an old yard sale pickup with a big heavy head (homesteader). Maybe 5-10 minutes and the tree wasout of the way. It was 16" diameter or slightly bigger. I use it more than I use my tool kit and I take it with me too.

They work great on sticky hotel room doors too...
5467962_2_l.jpg
imagesCAIRIMBD.jpg
103946180-28122558.jpg

Last edited:
I carry an axe so I'll have something to grind ...

because username. just a heads up to those using their axe as a hammer, don't! why?, you ask. over time the eye will deform n the handle will be virtually impossible to hang properly let alone stay in solid. i believe the only axe that can be used as a hammer is the estwing camp axe or knock off there of. compare the construction between it and any wooden handled axe n you will see why my thinking
yeah i know, necro post :flipoff2:

Never have needed one but have used a shovel a few times. I carry a large hatchet/small ax in each of the 4WDs (Frontier, Xterra & FJ40) Recently, I got a Cold Steel Hudson Bay ax for the FJ. Man, the balance is GREAT! I would likely choose that as my primary tool for The Walking Dead!

As a Wildlife Biologist, we carried Pulaskis in our rigs.

Anyone have experience with this?

I'm more of a axe and shovel guy, and an electric chainsaw when a lot of tree fall is expected. But this little saw packs down small and seems to make a lot of sense to me.

Anyone have experience with this?

I'm more of a axe and shovel guy, and an electric chainsaw when a lot of tree fall is expected. But this little saw packs down small and seems to make a lot of sense to me.
I have a bow saw I used to keep in our hunting camp for pruning junipers away from our trailer. Worked for 10 years or more. Still have it in our shed. Available at Lowe's or Home Depot.

I have a bow saw I used to keep in our hunting camp for pruning junipers away from our trailer. Worked for 10 years or more. Still have it in our shed. Available at Lowe's or Home Depot.
I didn't get as far as the price. And that's when I turned the page...

I have a battery DeWalt chainsaw. With the 20 amp/hr battery, it seems to last forever. Don't take it every time but would if I suspected I might need it. I have a battery (pun intended) of DeWalt power tools.

Amazon product ASIN B00GLI0VRM

Either way, seems to last forever==took out several arbor vitae at one time (~6" trunks)

I think this is what I have=I bought it because we are remodeling the basement bathroom and I turned all the power off, so we needed it. Pretty sure I have 5 also,

Amazon product ASIN B01M751WC3

OH, at least one high quality knife either on me or in the vehicle (The FJ40 has a Gerber folder in the First Aid kit).

I carry a splitting maul. Camping in the Sierras, there are always large rounds ready to just be picked up and split...too large for people to burn without splitting. I have never not found enough wood to split and burn. I do carry a felling axe too, but it rarely gets used.

I've had to cut people out of wrecked vehicles before and did not have an axe. Now I carry one in all my vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom