why are both of my rear windows topping out with a 10mm gap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought an FJ62 today, sight unseen, on auction.

Both of the rear windows appear to have been raised, leaving a 10mm open gap. Then, the previous owner put duct tape over the gap to keep the wind out. Both sides.

Looking for some opinions on why both sides have the identical problem. Did someone install the wrong glass in both doors? Did they install the correct glass in the wrong position? Is there a proximity switch for the power windows that will leave a 10mm gap when not working properly?

There aren't any fancy prox sensors on the windows, just friction. They probably just need cleaned. Do they move slowly?

Pull the door cards and see what the idiot PO did to cause it. Might be alarm hardware or speakers or rust. Pics would help us help you.

Good luck.

For the benefit of all:

The lockout switch on the master panel was broken. The PO wiggled the windows up by hand, gave up with 10mm to go, and duct taped them closed.

I bought a NOS replacement master panel for $90... installed it and good to go.

Worth noting that the wires on the replacement unit were installed in the wrong slots on the keyed plugs. I moved them to match the one that came out of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom