Who's running 35s? post up pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys

Wondering who on here is running 35" tires on their 45?

Post up pics and specs on what you did (lift, SOA etc) to get them to fit without rubbing

2" lift and flares in the back to replace the PO's hack job.
IMG_0561.JPG

@76FJ40 your setup looks great!

Is that an OME lift with 35x12.5x15?

Thanks. According to the receipts that came with the truck, all I cal tell you is the lift came from SOR.

Yup, 5x12.5x15.

Thanks. According to the receipts that came with the truck, all I cal tell you is the lift came from SOR.

Yup, 5x12.5x15.

Cool. Im running the OME 2-1/2". One more question, is that an 8" or 10" rim?

BTW, I think we met at Relic Run this year, I had the tan 45

I remember you and your 45, nice truck and a great event. The rims are 8".

37 but you get the point. SOA on fresh springs. I would like to lower it maybe 2 inches.

FB_IMG_1523416039828.jpg

Love your 45 UK

Ive run the 315s you saw at the relic run as well. Wearing 37s now but Im with Justin in wanting to lower it a few inches. Actually id like to have a 2.5” ome setup if you go soa. Just sayin’ :D

SOA. Stock springs. 315s 5.5” bs 7.5” wheel
Needs more bump-stop up front for 37s
0948ECCC-21F3-4A50-A528-6194434BFB4C.jpeg
F0DC52DF-3F7C-4B08-834C-0EE492289181.jpeg

Doesnt really get wheeled as it has been more of a dd/work truck. 37s fit better visually. 35s drive better but look kinda small on this SOA. Ive found the skinnier the better. Tire and rim. And i run higher backspacing to get it inside the bed wheel lip. had one front inner fender incident at full lock but only because running a set of 2.5” bs wheels offroad.

If you are wheeling more you may want the width for stability. I know this setup looks a bit tall n skinny overall.

Love your 45 UK

Ive run the 315s you saw at the relic run as well. Wearing 37s now but Im with Justin in wanting to lower it a few inches. Actually id like to have a 2.5” ome setup if you go soa. Just sayin’ :D

SOA. Stock springs. 315s 5.5” bs 7.5” wheel
Needs more bump-stop up front for 37s
View attachment 1837698 View attachment 1837700

Doesnt really get wheeled as it has been more of a dd/work truck. 37s fit better visually. 35s drive better but look kinda small on this SOA. Ive found the skinnier the better. Tire and rim. And i run higher backspacing to get it inside the bed wheel lip. had one front inner fender incident at full lock but only because running a set of 2.5” bs wheels offroad.

If you are wheeling more you may want the width for stability. I know this setup looks a bit tall n skinny overall.

Would you maybe know WHO does make taller/skinnier tires these days ? I am interested in that myself.

Would you maybe know WHO does make taller/skinnier tires these days ? I am interested in that myself.

In what size regards? My 37x12.5 are kinda tall n skinny :grinpimp:

Your fenders kinda dictate you stay close but a higher backspace wheel might be able to suck those tires in. Are you wanting less track width or narrower tread?

For A 315/35 r16 the mtr has about the narrowest profile and tread patch for that size.

295s and 255s are tall skinnys but closer to 33.5-34. And wheel size affects that. I believe thats with a 17” rim.

There are some bias ply 35x10.5. Interco makes one. They also make the tslnin a 34x10.5 radial but its knobby.

Bfg or some tire mfg just needs to bring back the 35x10.50r16/17 AT radial <<<< Psssst @ncsudrewh

In what size regards? My 37x12.5 are kinda tall n skinny :grinpimp:

Your fenders kinda dictate you stay close but a higher backspace wheel might be able to suck those tires in. Are you wanting less track width or narrower tread?

For A 315/35 r16 the mtr has about the narrowest profile and tread patch for that size.

295s and 255s are tall skinnys but closer to 33.5-34. And wheel size affects that. I believe thats with a 17” rim.

There are some bias ply 35x10.5. Interco makes one. They also make the tslnin a 34x10.5 radial but its knobby.

Bfg or some tire mfg just needs to bring back the 35x10.50r16/17 AT radial <<<< Psssst @ncsudrewh

My intentions at this point is to just try and keep mud etc. where it belongs. In a way I’m in a unique position in that I have “mutated” my Cruiser, into a Hybrid Chevota and have no idea in ____ just how this experiment will pan out ?!
At any rate, my Silverado chassis is around 9 inches wider than the 45 frame was. I HOPE there are improvements in both stability & overall handling. Because of that width there was an increase in the front fender width (4 in. ea.) as well as the Jeep fender flares on the rear. (7 in.ea.) The pictures that I posted are NOT my tires. They are 35X12.5XR16’s which will defeat the purpose of widening my fenders because they (12.5) stick out just a bit too far. Thanks for the info on the skinny’s that are out there though, at least I have something now to check out.

Nice weather here today so tried on my buddies 35's.

1st pic is with my 33x10.5x15
2nd and 3rd 35x12.5x15

My rim is an 8" his is an 8.5".

Everything seemed to fit ok but I think the tie rod end was hitting the rim on full lock

@Cirbo what size rim are you running?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom