Who Owns This Rig (Outback)? What size tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boston Mangler said:
Ahhh
Definitely not you then! :D
You going this year? We should be there! This time in my 80
Yes, planning on being there. Too much fun to not attend :D
I'll be renting one of those trailers this time around though. Tent + lots of sand + wind + 2 kids + cold nights = not cool. :)

landtank said:
Oh really
:confused:

NorCalDoug said:
Yes, planning on being there. Too much fun to not attend :D
I'll be renting one of those trailers this time around though. Tent + lots of sand + wind + 2 kids + cold nights = not cool. :)

I will leave the ragging on you for when i see you in person :flipoff2:

Those look like 285's to me. That's my truck in the background of post 3 & 4 (black speck) at Surf N' Turf...here's a link to my truck with the 285's....2.5" OME Heavies and MTR's. I love the 285's for now but may go slightly larger next time...

http://www.cruiserland.com/gallery/images/BIGBEAR04-1.jpg

Looking good!

That is the 285 MTR's with the OME 850/863 combo?? If so, i think that is what i am going to run!

Do you have anymore pics?

Thanks

Thanks. Yep, 850/863 w/ 20mm spacers up front. Damage multipliers removed since photo was taken....saving some cash for the slidage...

NorCalDoug said:

I've been running that exact setup for 5 years. Back then it was common knowledge that it wouldn't work and a very bad idea. Back on the Acme board the only real size upgrade was 285s, everything else was not possible and I was sure to rub constantly and do severe damage to the truck.

Funny what a few years and couple of loose cannons can do to common knowledge. :cheers:

Grizzley said:
Thanks. Yep, 850/863 w/ 20mm spacers up front. Damage multipliers removed since photo was taken....saving some cash for the slidage...

Very Sharp Looking Truck! I think i will go this route!

Its amazing the price difference in a 1" skinnier tire!

Boston Mangler said:
How much rubbing ya got with 35's and 2.5" lift? Extended bumpstops?

I ran 315 MTRs with the 2.5" OME + 20mm packers in front for over a year. Only rubbing was on the frame rail on the rear. Smooth surface, so all it did was rub the paint off the frame rail. Quick shot of Rustoleum after each trail ride took care of that.

Bob

What do the new MTR's look like and when are they going to be coming out? hmmm funny that goodyear finely has a good tire and they are so quick to mess with it.

Boston Mangler said:
Hey Guys

This rig came up in an aolder post and has a very nice stance, height and tire combo. Anyone know what size these are? I like it!

Thanks

DSFront.jpg
Uh,just saw this post. It's mine.Now resides in Texas and yes,They are 275/75x16.Jeez,you guys are
good!
Bill

oops! 285/75/16

Who you were partying with

Boston Mangler said:
Ahhh

Definitely not you then! :D

You going this year? We should be there! This time in my 80

Mangler,
The rig was AMMO's which was line-Xed both inside and out. I believe I picked up an 18pack for you guys on a beer run the 2nd night. We'll hopefully be there this year.

-Sam-

PKP80 said:
Mangler,
The rig was AMMO's which was line-Xed both inside and out. I believe I picked up an 18pack for you guys on a beer run the 2nd night. We'll hopefully be there this year.

-Sam-

Yup! That sounds about right sam! Thanks again for that beer refill! I owe ya one, ok, i owe ya 18 :D

See ya this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom