Whipsaw-China Head- Farwell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few pictures of our last foray into the wilds, including Whipsaw (actually Lodestone Lake for some of us), China Head then through two gate by-passes either side of Red Canyon, then up Gaspard FSR to Farwell canyon , including the Sheep Junction Park at the the north end of the confluence of the Chilcotin and Fraser Rivers. Nice Trip

p+EhVSn0T7SheWWTTCfgGg.jpg
5fTMnGwFSL25F08sZyQ2Qg.jpg
N2ELqzzmTre6xXOEjgMGfw.jpg
PK%5WXerR5ufp3lj3lQykw.jpg
a+cemZ+4QbmG0FHMDkI37A.jpg

More picture including my faithful passenger buddy who never complains - 'Boxter'

Pvus6i97QS24BodRw9bCtg.jpg

zNt2Q36qTCel3xmjfLhVGg.jpg

C%dHjwM2RYGVPX7FkF2bag.jpg

FCdU35KORmS1UM8JEZKVNA.jpg

Q85JfNRsQ7eLbQuIGks46g.jpg

Great trip! The cleanup was a little worse than the average Utah trip :hillbilly: but well worth it.
Love that area, can't wait to get back up there and see more.

44919272661_c087d8f6e3_b.jpg

31046349128_6d46f73417_h.jpg

44919272811_e9052b61be_h.jpg

yDB0Dcw2QCuyeAHr4r6ouw.jpg
QiJC0iuaRYCPIQB8nizzdw.jpg
Couple more from the top of the Hoodoos

Looks just fantastic..
Couple questions, I see one RTT and the rest slept in the trucks or in tents? Has anyone run this with a trailer behind their trucks,I have seen Greg B hauling a trailer in pictures and wondered how well it works..

Rob

Greg and I both slept in our trucks. The earlier (weekend) part of the trip there were 4 more trucks and IIRC all slept in them but one.

4 of us have trailer set ups, they all almost always stay home on these trips. I think it would have been doable to drag an M101cdn-type trailer on this trip. It would just make it a bigger PITA, and with a single guy per 80 series the space is really not needed.

For the most part the trailers would have worked, but the unexpected always comes up such as ATV trail gate bypasses.

This trailer we got through, but there wasn't much left of to haul home. LoL

trailer--broken.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great trip. On the photo with your dog it looks like your bed is hinged at the front. Wondering how you support that end of the bed? Are your seats removed or is the bed resting on them?

Glens bed is on the roof

I did think his was the one with the tent (solar panel as well) but it looked like a bed in the back. I'm trying to find the best way to support the front half of my bed without putting too much wear on the folded down seats. I also have it so it is able to be folded and stored away when I drive so the family can travel with me. Trying to sort the best method. I've been given the green light to start searching for a hard cover roof top tent :)

Pretty sure Glenn removed the back seats. He built custom storage boxes for the front that go with the ARB drawers.

I guess the snow has moved in now? I'm looking for somewhere to go in mid Nov when I get
back from work.

Death Valley -- temps are perfect. I have a great route plan if you go.

Death Valley -- temps are perfect. I have a great route plan if you go.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm staying in Canada.
BTW, what route did you take for this trip? Did you come in from Clinton side, or from the south from Gold Bridge?

China Head .... north of Lillooet on the west side of the Fraser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom