while replacing my radiator what else should I do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What should replace while I'm changing my radiator? Also where should I get said items? Thanks in advance.

Deal with any rust that is only revealed when the old radiator is removed. Replace hoses. If you have dual batteries deal with any issues that the battery trays hide (like more rust, etc.). Check that all the radiator support brackets, etc. are ok and don't need replacement.

I recently fitted a new genuine radiator to my 3/92 80 to replace the original (yes!) factory radiator that was leaking and I renewed all the mount bolts and bushes and refurbished the mounting brackets as they were ok to re-use. Also if you are going to fit a new radiator, replace your fan clutch with a genuine one if you haven't already. Makes a remarkable difference over cheap-arse aftermarket fan clutches.

Craig.

I'd do:
- All hoses
- Thermostat
- Blue Fan Clutch
- Replace all coolant (Drain block as well, drain on DS accessed through wheel well)

If you're leaking oil from the front bottom end of motor:
- Front main seal
- Oil pump cover gasket / O-ring

All parts should be purchased from your local Toyota dealership or online Toyota OEM (Genuinetoyotaparts, Camelback Toyota, etc). I think Wits End has a lot of these parts?

Removing the radiator is step 1 in a V8 swap :D

As @cruiserdan states: "I like to remove the radiator cap, and roll a new truck under it."

How's the heater valve?
PHH?
FHH?
Fan clutch?
Thermostat?

Awww, heck - just follow Dan's advice & roll a new 80 under that new radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom