Which tie rod puller...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an OME steering stabilizer enroute to me.

I've done some searching but I can't seem to find a recommendation for a specific tie rod puller to use for removing the old stabilizer.

Seen the OEM and the OTC brands recommended, can anyone give me a model number for one that will work?

O'Reilly's rents a lot of pullers for very cheap. You can see what the have on their website. If you take a look at what needs to be pulled, you can usually tell by the picture of the puller whether it might work.

Im 80% sure this is the one I used....

OTC 7315A

Thanks Frank.

If yours isn't too crusted on, the one Frank list is good, but light duty.

OTC 8150 and 8149 are very heavy duty and will do everything on the front end. The 8150 is the larger puller of the two.

But if you only plan to do it once, Autozone, etc, tool rental is prolly better way to go.

61inKmN8kWL._SY550_.jpg

8149_3000_0.jpg

Spike.
I did not know of the 8149.
I have the 8150 as well....
Good to know....

Yeah, I have both 'cuz the 8150 is too big for some spots, but I don't remember if it's on the Cruiser or not.... :p

I've got two FJ60s and an FJ62, a stock '76 FJ40 (that'll soon be getting an upgrade to mini-truck/FJ60/IFS disc brakes), and a '71 FJ40 that's already been upgraded to mini-truck/FJ60/IFS disc brakes. I'd like to buy at least one of the OTC pullers, and a second only if needed. Which should I buy first?

I both the OTC 7315A to do the tie rod ends (it does not damage the rubber booths), and Steering Stabilizer.

The 8150 is huge and I got it to be able to separate the Pitman Arm from the Steering box.

Last edited:
I both the OTC 7315A to do the tie rod ends (it does not damage the rubber booths), and Steering Stabilizer.

I have this one and it's always worked on the tied rods and steering stabilizer. I much prefer using one of these over a pickle fork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom