1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which sliders?

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by jjhancock, Aug 22, 2006.

1. jjhancock

jjhancock

My old man got an fj cruiser and mom is looking to get him some sliders for his birthday. His fj did not come with factory sliders, but he's considering getting those. I have no idea how stout the factory sliders are... anybody wailed on them yet? I saw the demello sliders as well that look sharp, but I'm looking for some opinions on some good sliders if anybody's got them. Thanks in advance.

-Justin

2. OFRD_GRL

OFRD_GRL

i have All Pro sliders and i LOVE them. they have a kickout at the rear.. which will hopefully help protect the taillights some.
    the toyota ones dont stick out too much...

however i had to wait forever to get them... and the mounting holes required some drilling to make them mount up good.

3. 2badfjs

2badfjs

JUSTIN,
    where do your folks live? ;) :grinpimp:

4. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    work it, work it!

5. k_os

k_os

honestly the cheapest you can find.. a slider is a slider as long as it sticks out and it's over 50lbs it'll do it's job. Sliders are one of those things that don't really matter who makes them, as long as they're strong, and how practical the owner thinks they are. You have square, round, tilted up, down, left, right, with a bowtiw.. etc.. I'm kidding but yeah. Any of the ones out there wiill do the job. It's more of an aesthetics question

6. DanKunz

DanKunz SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
  7. 2badfjs

2badfjs

Q: k_os,Sliders are one of those things that don't really matter who makes them, as long as they're strong,

KEY, good weld penetration.
    how are you gonna know they're strong?
    how you gonna trust the guy welding them?
    how do you know that he bevels his joints and he doesnt have filler welds in alot of gaps?

you don't
    it's a trust thing.

8. Yoda1

Yoda1

I have the Trail Gear sliders . Ran them this weekend for the first time and had no issues . They were 300 bucks to my door and have nice long gussets on them . I was also told if i did not like them i could send them back as long as it was with in a year . I have heard nothing but good things about Trail Gear . But all in all it's a matter of choice and what you like . OH, they also stick out about 5-6" . [​IMG]

9. 2badfjs

2badfjs

they bolt into exsisting nuts in the frame, correct?

10. Yoda1

Yoda1

Yea the holes are there . The only thing you have to do is switch the front brake bracket with the rear .

11. Yoda1

Yoda1

The Bent-up and Trail Gear sliders are basicly the same . Trail Gear used Bent-up's design then did there own thing with them .

12. 2badfjs

2badfjs

13. Corey

Corey

Media:
    They do not bend a bit.
    I have yet to try them out with my Hi-Lift, and it will probably flex a bit, but they should.

But standing on them they do not flex.
    These are the beef.

These came powder coated too, easy to install.
    I took off the front brake cable bracket, and it bolts right back into place.

14. Go4aRyd

Go4aRyd

I ordered a pair of Demello sliders. I wanted a strong rail with just enough extension on them so I could step up to reach my roof rack and not out so far they are in the way getting in/out like the OEM running boards are. They are a bit more $ than some. They do bolt on using the existing tapped frame holes as well.

15. OFRD_GRL

OFRD_GRL

my All Pro Sliders:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they did their job extremely well.

16. k_os

k_os

I dropped about 1 foot on my drivers side slider, while I was trying to go through this obstacle. My tires didn't grip to the rock and I slid down the rock and onto the rockrail on the opposite side. So that'd be roughly 2000lbs on 1 point of the slider and it didn't even bend. I have the stock toyota sliders.

17. sbechtold

sbechtold

I bought the Toyota rails and used them for a short period of time. They are OK, but certainly not the strongest and didn't provide the protection I wanted. I ended up buying the Demello sliders and they have been on my FJ since early July. They are very strong and extremely well made. The welds are clean and the craftsmanship is great. I've been out a few times since installing them and they can hold the weight of the FJ no problem. Jason Demello builds great products and you won't be disappointed if you buy his stuff.

Click here to view my install write up on TTORA.

18. Dan Fredrickson

Dan Fredrickson Supporting Vendor

Hold on to your slider cash for a week.....

We (RuffStuff) and AJ at BentUp are working together on a totally new design, we are on the last prototype and they have gone to production........1 more week til re!ease!

BTW, sliders are not all the same, not by any means......If you think sliders are all the same you have never Used your sliders. There are always better ways.....

19. 2badfjs

2badfjs

BTW, sliders are not all the same, not by any means......If you think sliders are all the same you have never Used your sliders. There are always better ways.....

x2

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">