which sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sbechtold said:
I bought the Toyota rails and used them for a short period of time. They are OK, but certainly not the strongest and didn't provide the protection I wanted. I ended up buying the Demello sliders and they have been on my FJ since early July. They are very strong and extremely well made. The welds are clean and the craftsmanship is great. I've been out a few times since installing them and they can hold the weight of the FJ no problem. Jason Demello builds great products and you won't be disappointed if you buy his stuff.

Click here to view my install write up on TTORA.

I have the OEM and wish I had some Demellos, because they stik out @4 -5" for body protection. But have had no problem wtih the factory sliders, they have been slid on several times.:grinpimp:

2badfjs said:
BTW, sliders are not all the same, not by any means......If you think sliders are all the same you have never Used your sliders. There are always better ways.....

x2

you can ask upstate cruisers , dankunz and k9 if I used mine or not ;).

I've got the Toyota sliders and like the look/lines, but it would be beneficial if they came out a little further for body protcection. However, I rode both my sliders thru a chute and they definitely support the truck's weight - I had to be pushed through on them and sustained no body damage.

Thanks for all the replies I think we're going for the demellos. The look sharp, seem well built, are reasonably priced, and stick out far enough to use as a step. Will post some pics of my old mans fjc when we get them and they're installed...

-Justin

dirtyfj said:
All Pro's do 'rock'. A buddy of mine has 'em on his FJ. The flare or "kick out" works really well at keeping rocks away.

My FJC came with the Toyota sliders and they were fine for wheelin around here. But before I hit Tellico I had a local guy here (4X4 Customs) weld an additional tube on them to protect the body better. If the truck didn't have the factory sliders already, I'd have gone with AllPro's. But I didn't want to spend the money again, so I made due. They work like a charm and take quite a beating.

And yes, k_os used the sliders a lot! :) No lift and rocks the size of volkswagons will do that to you!

One thing I will add is that other trucks don't come with holes for bolt in sliders, so they have to be welded. Bolts are fine, but welding is the best.

That flare makes a huge difference on the trail.

I don't make a set anymore without that kickout. I copied shamelessly from a set of AllPro's I saw once.

Not only does it bump your back end away from stuff, but you can turn into the bump out and pivot the truck around an obsticle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom