Where to rent or borrow a 350 ft/lb torque wrench? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where to rent or borrow a 350 ft/lb torque wrench in or around Atlanta? I am considering tackling the oil pump seal on my 80. The torque wrench is the one thing i dont have. On a side note, anyone know what size socket is needed for the crank bolt?

Sub'd. Interested to see what other experience on it is. On other rigs, I've used a breaker bar and bumping the starter with coil unplugged to break it, and to tighten, either gave it all I had with the breaker bar, or torqued as much as possible with my torque wrench. I have a 250 if you find out you can use it.

Hey, it only has to work once, right? ;)

The bolt is supposed to go to 305 ft/lbs. You can either get a 3/4 breaker bar (that you can use to get the damn thing OFF!), and then tighten it about THAT much, or get somewhat close with the HF wrench.

Or, I guess you could spend $600 on a Snap On...

I'm sure every Toyota mechanic out there got out the torque wrench when doing this job in the shop, right?!?

Have you checked with your local tool rental shops ? Not Autozone or Advance someone like Rent-All . Not sure if they would have it but worth checking or maybe take it down to a local shop to have the bolt torqued .

That's my two cents worth .

I rented one at an independent tool rental shop (can't remember which one) about 6 years ago when I had my crank pulley off to check the oil pump.

Rental torque wrench or Harbor Freight... neither is going to be perfect.

bump back to the top. I think i am going to give this a try this weekend. I haven't had any luck finding one at a rental place. But honestly i have only called a few. Any suggestions or leads would be great. Even tip on tool rental placed that you guys like.

I have a Toyota 600 ft/lb one you can borrow for the weekend. You just need to pick it up from and bring back to me in a timely manner.

It's made of titanium. :lol:

If you weigh 305 Lbs, put all yer weight at 1 foot lever arm. That'll be 305ft-Lbs.

I have a Toyota 600 ft/lb one you can borrow for the weekend. You just need to pick it up from and bring back to me in a timely manner.

It's made of titanium. :lol:

That would be GREAT! A soon as you can bring it up i could come and pick it up. If you can bring it up tomorrow that would be great. I have the next few days off into the weekend. Not sure if i have Sun or Monday off but i think i do. I can get it back to you ASAP and it will take good care of it. I know the difference between a breaker bar and a torque wrench. I guess i am saying i wont use your torque wrench for the starter bump.;)

It will be here tomorrow. It is a 3/4" drive, but I have a Snap On reducer that is in the box, so you are good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom