Where to ARB Twin compressor on 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was originally thinking I was gonna mount in the engine bay next to my battery but am now considering under the drivers seat in the toolbox area.

The pros to under seat are less heat, more sheltered, more centralized for the hose, and I don’t look broken down with my hood up every time I’m filling up my tires. The cons to under the drivers seat are noise and having to extend the harness introducing more resistance, also loss of storage under seat.

Any opinions?

Where did you mount your air compressor?

I put my single arb compressor in the engine bay on the drivers side fender. At some point I plan on moving it to the toolbox under the seat.

What about mounting the compressor under the hood neatly protected and running a remote air line and chuck to front or rear??

Where did you mount your air compressor?

I put my (single) ARB compressor in the engine bay on top of the passenger-side fender; I had to move my igniter/coil slightly to get it to fit. But I only use it for my air lockers, not for airing up tires.

Lousy picture, but it shows the mount we made for the single compressor. Runs lockers and air compressor

57225A5A-4F14-422F-803D-6A5E7CF9DB0F.jpeg

Driver's side fender. Bracket made by PRLC.

20220912_125954.jpg

And not having to open a hood. Wit's End sells a nice kit with hose, fittings, coupler, and a butt plug to keep contaminants out of the coupler.

20221022_133136.jpg

Under the seat, or inside in general, would annoy me.

I mounted my single Viair to the leading edge of my driver rear fender. I can easily reach it when I need lockers and it’s out of the way. It’s loud, but just for a couple seconds. I like it out of the engine bay- I’ve got enough junk in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom