When to add spacers/replace springs for AHC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New owner here and trying to do preventive maintenance of the AHC To lengthen lifespan. It’s an 06 with ~140k miles on it so hopeful that by doing all this I can get a few more years out of it before maybe deleting. I did the fluid flush and have the torsion bars ready to turn, but the front and rear pressure is reading 7.9. Since the TBs will only unload the front I figure the only option to lower these rear pressures is a spacer or new springs.

Is this accurate/is a spacer enough to bring the pressure down or is too far gone and I need a spring?

Also I assume there is no use cranking the front pressures down? Or still worth it to lessen the stress?

TIA

Here's what I would do. Crank the fronts until you're around 6.8 - 6.9 and throw some King springs in the rear @ around $230 shipped. A spacer will probably work to bring pressures down otherwise.

New owner here and trying to do preventive maintenance of the AHC To lengthen lifespan. It’s an 06 with ~140k miles on it so hopeful that by doing all this I can get a few more years out of it before maybe deleting. I did the fluid flush and have the torsion bars ready to turn, but the front and rear pressure is reading 7.9. Since the TBs will only unload the front I figure the only option to lower these rear pressures is a spacer or new springs.

Is this accurate/is a spacer enough to bring the pressure down or is too far gone and I need a spring?

Also I assume there is no use cranking the front pressures down? Or still worth it to lessen the stress?

TIA
Take the time and read this thread.

Take the time and read this thread.
Every time I think I’ve read through that thing enough it turns out I’m wrong. After reading through that and a few others it seems like the options are to use new springs and add spacers or use king springs.

I likely will just adjust the TBs to get in spec then monitor the rear before getting kings once it gets up around 8.5. Sounds like the cost effectiveness of the 3Mpa drop is better than OEM plus spacers

Every time I think I’ve read through that thing enough it turns out I’m wrong. After reading through that and a few others it seems like the options are to use new springs and add spacers or use king springs.

I likely will just adjust the TBs to get in spec then monitor the rear before getting kings once it gets up around 8.5. Sounds like the cost effectiveness of the 3Mpa drop is better than OEM plus spacers
Here is the best post that helped me understand how to tweak the AHC pressures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom