Wheels/ offset/ et (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI All,

i am really confused with what type of wheel offset i should be looking for my lj73. It is an early one with flat sides ie no plastic flares and i want to fit 235/85r16s to it, but the tyres can not protrude past the body of the truck

it has on it at the moment 205 r 16s which i believe the wheels have a of et0 (standard factry white wheels) , and there is decent size gap (5cm) between the edge of the tyre and lip of the panel. (I get negative et will push the tyre out more and positive will bring the tyre in more), but i keep reading that a et-15 is the way to go.. but it doesn't make sense to me...

Can someone that has fitted these tyres and wheels let me know what offset/et their wheels have

thanks

I have 235/85R16 tires mounted on the factory 16x6 et0 wheels on my LJ78. I don’t have flares, and the tires don’t protrude past the body at all.
02DC1926-7BD0-462F-BA3F-5AF26595E8DA.jpeg

HI All,

i am really confused with what type of wheel offset i should be looking for my lj73. It is an early one with flat sides ie no plastic flares and i want to fit 235/85r16s to it, but the tyres can not protrude past the body of the truck

it has on it at the moment 205 r 16s which i believe the wheels have a of et0 (standard factry white wheels) , and there is decent size gap (5cm) between the edge of the tyre and lip of the panel. (I get negative et will push the tyre out more and positive will bring the tyre in more), but i keep reading that a et-15 is the way to go.. but it doesn't make sense to me...

Can someone that has fitted these tyres and wheels let me know what offset/et their wheels have

thanks
Put up a picture or two. Be a big help

HI All,

thanks

Keep in mind that the "prado" wheels and the heavier duty LC wheels tend to run different offsets from the factory.

HI all, thanks for your responses, FJ73texas, you are right, but my land cruiser is in the shop getting some rust fixed, but i hope to have it back soon.. it has the dread tin worm in the rear panels, as most do.. I was trying to work out what i need to be looking for, so if the right set of wheels pop up, i could pounce.. But the body working is really dragging on, not because of issues with the car, just a slow bodyshop..

this is what i am dealing with at the moment..

IMG-20211004-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20211004-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20211004-WA0007.jpg

Why I asked for pics. I run a Stealth Custom series F5 wheel. They are 17” with 9” width. 3.5” backspace
I run Toyo 285/75R17” tires. I have a small flare, maybe 2”. This wheel would be okay without the flare, but they would be wide on front, maybe protruding. So any wheel you get that is 5” or less protruding out from hub face would work.
86708A76-93A1-4713-B9E4-D2ADF91EA73A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom