Wheeling with Veterans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang! This is a project I've been wanting to do for some time now. I could not serve because I was not a citizen and by the time I got to call my self an American I was "old". So I got this idea from a nbc report. There was a group of soldiers with ptsd that goes to Texas for a week to work on a horse ranch and in the evenings talk and have some fun. I want to do the same but with wheeling. So here is the outline. I secured the venue and the date. It will be September 19-20 in fayette. I'm working on some free swag and some sponsors. I'll take care of the logistics and the food. It will be primitive camping. If any of you want to come out and help please let me know. I'll do a class on the basics of wheeling. Set up some challenges where these guys will have to work together and yes due some wheeling of course. In addition this park has a firing range so there maybe a zombie hunt involved. I'm going to start with 6 veterans and grow it from here. Anyhow. I just wanted to do something different besides just send money and say thanks in person to those who serve and have served for me to enjoy this awesome country.

Last edited:
Great idea! Count me in.

Let me look at the calendar. I may have a river race on that weekend. I'll get back with ya.

Quick update. I have a sponsor for the food and southeast overland aka Steve is sending some goodies for the event. I have the schedule as well. Just waiting for the final sponsors and I will get a poster together.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1440433046.439347.jpg

I think it is awesome that you're doing this. I hope it is great weather and a great weekend for all.

If you do this again next year, I may be up for helping out.

Few days away... Here is the park map and schedule
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1442329992.678958.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1442330003.379056.jpg

Food is taken care of

Not gonna be able to make it, Sammy. Rig is pretty beat up from SMORR and needs some love this weekend...

I'll be posting pics and videos here as I get them from John. But here is rob with one of our participants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom