Wheel spec info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok all been searching not finding what I want to see.......

I am in the process of building up my 80, just finished up the ome suspension on my 80 now off to other things. I've hit a snag....... wheels and tires. I want to run 33 inch tires for sure. Issue is wheels I've seen most running the factory 16s well I want to run 15 inch wheels (mine is a 91) I also want to run a steel wheel.(paint them gray to kinda match the factory split rim on the 79. Whewww now to the question backspacing offset etc..

Will a 15 inch wheel 6 lug 5.5 back spacing with -6 offset work I don't want them to tuck to much and don't want them to poke a whole lot.....please school me on this I need it.

Thanks fellow mudders

A centered 8" wheel seems to fit best.... meaning 4" BS on 8" wheel or a 4.5" BS on a 9" wheel.

What width wheel?

Stock is a 15x7" alloy with +10mm offset.

A 15x7 with -6mm offset will stick out 16mm more than stock

A 15x8 with -6mm offset should stick out more. They stick out out ~29mm more than stock

A 15x10 with -6mm will stick out a lot more, 54mm or so more than stock.

FWIW, I run a 15x8, -22mm wheel (Mickey Thompson Classic II) with a 35x12.5" tire. They stick out about 3/4" beyond the flares on my 1992.

Last edited:
What width wheel?

Stock is a 15x7" alloy with +10mm offset.

A 15x7 with -6mm offset will stick out 16mm more than stock

A 15x8 with -6mm offset should stick out more. They stick out out ~29mm more than stock

A 15x10 with -6mm will stick out a lot more, 54mm or so more than stock.

FWIW, I run a 15x8, -22mm wheel (Mickey Thompson Classic II) with a 35x12.5" tire. They stick out about 3/4" beyond the flares on my 1992.

Excellent that is the info I was looking for! Thank you so much. I am most likely going to do 15x8s after seeing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom