Wheel offset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
My 92 Toyota 4X4 pickup has 15X7 steel 7-spoke wheels on it. The tires are right at the edge
of the body. Does anyone know what the offset of these wheels are? I'm looking at new alloys
with a minus 6mm offset and I don't want the tires to extend beyond the body.
Thanks
Tonino

Offset is relative to the width of the wheel. Without knowing the width of the wheels you are looking at ... we can't answer. I don't recall the backspacing on IFS wheels, but I believe it's something like 4". You would need to do the math to convert between backspacing and offset, and inches vs. mm.

Hi Pappy - thank you for the response. The new alloy wheels I'm looking at are 7" (15X7) wide with a minus 6mm offset.
What I need to know is the offset of my current wheels the ones on the truck. They are 15X7 "7-spoke" steel. They may
not be the original 92 model year wheels. Appears the 7-spoke wheels came along with the T-100 in 93 or 94.
My current wheels extend right to the edge of the fender. I don't want the new alloy wheels to extend beyond
(outside) the fender. I don't like the look and they kick up road debris marring the body paint. My tires are 225/75R15.

Alternatively, if anyone has installed 15X7 wheels with a minus 6mm offset with 225/75/R15 tires, they can tell me
how far out the tire is relative to the edge of the fender.
Tonino

Pull a wheel off. Lay a straight edge across the backside of the wheel (not tire). Measure from the center to the straight edge. That is your backspacing.

Thanks Pappy. I'll just have to do that. Roughly - doing it on the outside, minus the thickness of the wheel flange it
look like the width is split 4.5 inches/3.5 inches outside/inside.

Pappy - depth is 4 1/2" with a 7" wheel width If I calculated correctly that equates to 13-14mm positive offset.
Going negative 6mm will push the wheel out another 1/4". Thanks for your patience - this is all new to me
and I didn't want to make a mistake. Stock offset is zero so -6mm isn't outrageous.

Most of your typical 15x7s look just like that. Rubber just to the edge of your fender but not beyond.

Thanks All. I was about to settle for a set of used original 92 vintage alloys but in the end,
I opted for a new set of Ultra Type 5051s. It didn't make good sense to spend more on 25+
year old wheels, non mangnafluxed, no warranty etc. I will live happily ever after. Day before
the wheels arrived I came down with a strep infection in my blood stream. Just got out of the
hospital today. Can't wait to get the boxes open tomorrow - woo hoo!

Tonino

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom