What's the name of this tailgate part ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My tailgate has a metal bolt latch that sticks out of the side of the tailgate and latches into the receiver hole on the side of the tailgate frame.
The latch has a white plastic square bushing around it to keep it tight. One of mine is gone so that side is loose when the tailgate is closed. I've been trawling the internet all day and cannot figure it out. Anybody know what this is called or how to get some? Thanks ! Dave

no bushing.jpg
latch bushing.jpg

What are you working on?

Thanks. From the Electronics Parts Catalog that part doesn't appear to have its own part number. But, it does show a bumper on the striker side. 66321A in the drawing. Are those there?

tailgate.png

Thanks. From the Electronics Parts Catalog that part doesn't appear to have its own part number. But, it does show a bumper on the striker side. 66321A in the drawing. Are those there?

View attachment 2854398
yes, 66321A is a rubber bumper on the fender (striker) side and I have those. I'm thinking the part is called a linkage rod bushing, but I can't find any of those on the web. There may be some adjustment in the striker that will let me tighten it up a bit. Alternately I can remove the good part from the right side of the tailgate and find a 3D plastic print shop to make me one. Option 3-let the tailgate rattle for the next 20 years, until I can't hear anymore or I'm not allowed to drive.

Look at 65778, are those present? I know my 4Runner has little plastic stoppers to keep the tailgate stays from rattling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom