What's it worth?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't jump the gun, if there is no real need to sell, then why ask...do not sell. Only you can decide if it has to go, and it is true...it is just metal rubber and glass, but you will really regret selling it...it would be worse if someone MADE you sell it.

As for saying to dump your GF for a cruiser...what a load of cr*p...get real. Could you imagine your father dumping your mother for a car :censor:

BTW...very very nice Cruiser!!! You have any before, and build pictures?

You should take Marshall up on his offer, you should meet up with some local Cruisers...and bring your GF ;)

Last edited:
Funny, there's a similar thread on garagejournal.com where they're discussing working in the garage vs. entertaining the wife (bad vibes).

How old are you? does the truck mean anything to you? Did you have it before her? I did and I told my, now fiance, that I had my FJ40 before her and I'm keeping it... She loves the truck and even spotted me through the Rubicon, when she was scared sh#tless (spotting was her excuse to get out during the scary spots) and she said before we went she was going because it was something I wanted to do and she wanted be with me.:princess:

Is she the one urging you to sell? If so, you may want to rethink your future with her... seriously, if she wants you to get rid of something that makes you happy now... there will be more things you will give up and before you know it (5-10 years from now) you will realize you are cruiserless unhappy and the then GF, if you stick with her, will NOT do those things you mentioned that the cruiser couldn't do anymore.

Finally, If she is moving in with you, you should have MORE, not less... she should share the mortgage/rent. Which means more funds for Cruiser stuff

I am in violent agreement with the others who said if you sell THAT truck, you WILL regret it for the rest of your life... not only that, you will harbor resentment towards her and it will surface when you least expect it. Something will set you off and you will blame her for you selling it and you will not get that genie back in the bottle.

I hope you make the right decision.

-Stump

Last edited:
hmm, i think this post was made so the g/f can see it afta, lol... (whadya do? post this, then left it on the computer so when the g/f checks her email....?!)

hmm, is it a space issue for storing it? can't see that being a problem in your hood...it's not like downtown manthattan where space is a premium...

well, g'luck with that big decision! my wife is happy that i got my 40 and she's starting to dig the 80!

I'd tell her you sold it..park it at a buddies house, have him drop it off late one night an wake up in the morning tell her to come look an maybe she'll think its "HERBIE" rein-40nated" in your driveway..just maybe it'll work out..but the 40 has to stay,
otherwords I'd say " its priceless " an you cant find a buy'r..after months of tell'n her "its on E-BAY"

If that FJ isn't your thing then sell it, but if you have any kind of affection for it then I can guarantee it you will Regret it one day, even if you make this girl your wife and live happily ever after.
Beautiful truck.

If you sell it, she will want the money also. So you better just let me have it. Then, no fuss'n over the cash....
My wife found mine for me.... Also my 55.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom