What year is the TEQ Bottle Jack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Equipment Yellow is the correct color or match to OE.

If you raise it all the way up, there is a dimple that should be painted red.

Shane

Yes...I saw the resto on your jack and I used the Old Equipment Yellow on this one. My question for you Shane is if you have a repro decal for this model jack. It looks to me like the flange on the top where the decal belongs is narrower than the one you made. Is that right?

WOW! What a great job on your new jack! cant wait to see the finished product on the maching crank handle thats comin your way soon!

:clap::wrench:

Anybody know if its correct enough for my 62 FST?

Sometime in the first half 1963 Toyota converted from a part number system that made no sense to the current ten digit system they still use today. The previous part number was RK30-91100. I believe the price sheet I have is from arond 65 it also shows a part number 09911-31010 as well as the 091100-35010. Dealer price was $13.43 and list was $22.39.

While looking thru my old jacks today I found one that has the part number RK30-91100 so there were jacks with the old part number cast in them.

the RK was the 1st gen Toyota Stout before it was called Stout...the Toyopet Rk came out in 4/1954 ...the RK30 came out in 1957 and was named Stout in 1959.

Interesting :) ... useless facts 101

here's a picture of the 1956 Toyopet Rk23 1500
Toyopet1500RK23.jpg

Last edited:
When was the first Stout imported? 64? By then they would have been using the ten digit part numbers. I looked at my 63 FJ25 parts book but doesn't have a crossover for any of the old tool parts number. The lowest number they have starts with a one not a zero like the tools. I pulled out my 1962 FJ40 micro-fiche and shows the RK30-91100 part number for the jack.

Nothing I can add, but wanted to say that I enjoy reading these historical facts...very very interesting :cheers:

Stouts imported from 64-67
1964 - 4
1965 - 962
1966 - 1425
1967 - 1828

I think the 1964 would have been the RK45

It could be that toyota was doing some carry over parts and just using the rk30-91100 jack in other applications? possibly?

I bet Toyota originally designed the jack for use with the RK30 and just carried it over for use in other vehicles

would be interesting to see a land cruiser jack from a 55 or 56

If you have never seen the pre 63 parts system you probably don't know how crazy it was. Not only are there RK numbers they are RS/RR/SS/SR and a whole lot of other combos that don't make any sense. Some don't start with letters and the number of digits vary from part to part.

I have a couple of other jacks with the later part number. Two types. One has TEQ with the part number below it. Then the part number with Toyota Motor below. Which style is older?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom