What winches fit the ARB 3410100 front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Per the website they list the Warn 8274 and XD9000 and M8000.
website: ARB Deluxe Bar Toyota Land Cruiser 60 Series 1980-89 (3410100) A recent report from mud member said he installed the Warn M8-s on this bumper and it included instructions for re-clocking the gearbox to run the winch feet-forward, which this bumper requires.Of course ARB lists this winch for the bumper, so no surprise.

I have the bumper on my rig now, and am shopping for a winch. Ideally I'd get a Warn 8274, but no used ones have turned up in a couple months of looking, and they want too damn much for a new one IMO.

This bumper feet-forward mounting requires that the winch motor/gear be re-clocked so that it fits and the free-spool handle is up, and the unit drains properly.

I was looking at the Superwinch TS 9500 SR, but it isn't clear from their website if it can be re-clocked or even used feet-forward. Same with Comeup...

Yeah I am looking at a 9500 size, the Comeup documentation shows both motor and free spool handle can be reclocked. Looking hard at the Comeup DV-9s...

Last edited:
I was looking at the Superwinch TS 9500 SR, but it isn't clear from their website if it can be re-clocked or even used feet-forward.

Yes they can. the controller box will have to be moved as it is mounted on the motor. You can either make cables or buy a kit. When I did this on my Grand Cherokee I moved the control box and mounted on top of the flat part of the ARB. Drilled 4 holes and bolted it in place. Looked slick and worked fine.

Essentially you take out the 4 bolts on the free spool handle side and turn it to the desired position, re screw the bolts in and that is it.

I decided to go with the Comeup DV-9S. PM sent to Jason! :D

Will do.

I almost got the Superwinch TS 9500 SR; a friend has one on his Mitsu Parejo trail rig, but after reading a lot I decided to give the Comeup a try, its a bit cheaper as well.

I may also get the Slee offset fairlead, which I think is suitable for synthetic rope, and fits this bumper without having to drill holes in the bumper as the ARB instructions indicate.

I'm neither a die hard gulley grinder, nor a rock crawler, nor am I subject to go on any trail that might seriously damage my baby, so it will mostly ride up front and look cool. Ballast, ya know. I mostly like riding the scenic N Ga forest service roads to secluded camp/drink/pick sites, hauling the canoe to various rivers, or getting around in the woods or farms to a good hunting spot. At the most I see a few mud holes, washouts, or water crossings. The winch is just there in case I need to help pull out a Heep. :flipoff2:

anymore it takes multiple platforms for all the winches. We need a separate center configuration for the 8274, another for centered spools like the Zeon and Comeup, a 1" drivers offset for Warn xp and cti 9500s and Superwinch Talon 9.5 and up. Warn's Powerplant is an oddball with 2" of offset.
Their M-12 and 15 need a 1" offset to the passenger side side . No standards in the winch industry for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom