What preventive maintenance should I do on a used FZ-FE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Somehow the vehicle got hot, wife's daily driver, head is cracked, looking at salvage engines. (175k, 1997 LX450)

3 questions:
1. Cruiserparts a reputable source?
2. Should I get a full overhaul gasket kit and just pay the extra labor to have them all done? Or just the main seals? The engine I'm looking at has 120k and is from cruiserparts. .
3. Any other preventive work I should do in the process of the swap out? (engine mounts?, other?)

Much obliged,
Burl

Thank you.

OK, I purchased an OEM engine overhaul gasket kit. Anything else I should buy and have done to the used engine before installing it? What about machining work, that worth the time and expense?

Should I request that cruiserparts do a compression check on the engine? I want this thing done right, the first time, as best as I can given I can't afford an already refurbished engine.

Where you located? It's not in your signature?

Since it overheated I'm also considering just going ahead and replacing the water pump, fan clutch, and thermostat.
I've also heard it is a good idea to check the VSC Sensors while the head is apart.

Does this seem reasonable or overkill?

Thanks again, also, I just found out I need a root canal. Helluva week for just being a Tuesday.

I would rebuild what you have instead of taking a chance on a Mystery Motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom