What is this connector for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_2034.JPG
Any ideas of the purpose of this connector?

If it is on the left hand side I would think it has something to do with the subtank..if it is on the right hand side (don't think so) then the secondary AC and or subwoofer...my guess...

My LX450 had some kind of connectors back there which were for the "mobile phone system" antenna that was back in that pocket and on the side window. Maybe that's what it's for?

Check for power at each of the wires to see if they could be used for triggering something later on.

Off topic, Hey crikeymike, Steve Irwin fan here too, personalized tag on my tribute to him..lol Someone already had the "C" crikey

full

My LX450 had some kind of connectors back there which were for the "mobile phone system" antenna that was back in that pocket and on the side window. Maybe that's what it's for?

Check for power at each of the wires to see if they could be used for triggering something later on.

Thanks @CrikeMyke , Do you know if there are some type of schematics of all the connectors in te vehicle? Indicating its electrical circuits?

Agree with what @panamacruiser said. I am 99% certain that is for the ECU for the OEM Subtank

All used wiring and connectors on US 80s can be found in the EWD, but you won't find this subtank connector in the US EWD

Thanks @CrikeMyke , Do you know if there are some type of schematics of all the connectors in te vehicle? Indicating its electrical circuits?

Yes there is and it's call the Electrical Wiring Diagram. EWD
Search mud for an electronic copy to download, pay the big bucks for one on flea bay, or hope a friendly mud member sells you one.
I would, but just passed on my spare copy to another member.

Last edited:
Yes there is and it's call the Electrical Wiring Diagram. EWD
Search mud for an electronic copy to download, pay the big bucks for one on flea bay, or hope a friendly mud member sells you one.
I would, but just passed on my spare copy to another member.

I'll add that it needs to be the correct year and model (LC vs LX). There are some significant differences in wiring between these.

I have a paper manual for a 96 LX beause I assumed it was the same as my 97.. turns out there are differences in a few places.

There are alot of plugs in the vehicle for options that were available in other markets. However, the EWD will only show the circuits available in the market for the applicable vehicle. In other words, even the right EWD for your vehicle won't show all the plugs that are actually there.

There are alot of plugs in the vehicle for options that were available in other markets. However, the EWD will only show the circuits available in the market for the applicable vehicle. In other words, even the right EWD for your vehicle won't show all the plugs that are actually there.

You are right, it is not in there......

i don't know if the subtank signaling is all it does but there is another ECU that is mounted there when the subtank is installed.

When I investigated it two years ago all of the wire colors were present on the "Mobile Telephone" EWD page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom