What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More pics in my thread but wanted to say thank you and brag on @Coolerman for my new wiring harness! Great quality work sir.

9797E4D9-7410-4EA6-B5D9-0BC3638285BE.jpeg

View attachment 1792877 Bought this contaption at a yard sale.
Damn, that's a sweet find! I paid $850 in raw parts to build mine. And I don't have an easy way to rotate mine like I see you have on the left side of the photo.

Here's mine in use:

E0FA5C75-14C4-437F-B42F-8443D3D7A420.jpeg
C1B9B803-DCE2-4CAA-B3AE-43144E991493.jpeg
8E4DAEE5-7616-4DF3-8536-1FF9716CE2B6.jpeg

Here is a fun one for keeping to OEM parts. I put a Napa slave cylinder on my 79 with the pin that came with it (on the left). I figured its a little smaller than the OEM one (on the right) but it should be fine.

Wrong. After a couple days, the nut on the smaller pin shot through the hole in the arm on the clutch and I had to start the 40 and drive it home in first gear.

If you ever want to look like a loser. Start your cruiser while its in first gear with no clutch at a Starbucks.

I took it to Napa and they said I should have bought the better quality slave cylinder.

THE HELL.

View attachment 1794139

Several suppliers no longer include a pushrod because of QC issues like this. Over the years I have also seen pushrods that were only 8mm thick instead of the 10mm stock. Considering I have seen a 10mm one snapped in half, there's no way I would sell or install the 8mm one.

Autch! But you have been lucky, not much damage at all after the windshield. Why new windshield frame, is it bent so badly? I can’t see... I’d rather straighten that one.
Not sure if you can zoom in but the impact flexed the cowl cracked the paint and the seam sealer, quite an extensive amount of work. The windshield frame is bent pretty good, I'll straighten it out enough for a trail rig but not this 40. It's a high end full restoration.

Sometimes its the little things.

Found a new OEM fuel pump and filter in a box of parts that came with rig so they went on which fixed a non oem union leak. Replaced a rear brake lense and wired up the keyed ignition with some help from @Rice vs last weeks start button. Added horn to said start button. But best was cleaning the seatbelts... Gross... 40 yrs of gunk n grime. The belts were stiff and oily and you couldn't even read the labels beforehand.
48C7BE64-9FD4-4E66-BD8F-C13515C5A5E9.jpeg
27826E23-C4BB-4FA3-9DF3-9E4CD20AD6A4.jpeg

Sometimes its the little things.

Found a new OEM fuel pump and filter in a box of parts that came with rig so they went on which fixed a non oem union leak. Replaced a rear brake lense and wired up the keyed ignition with some help from @Rice vs last weeks start button. Added horn to said start button. But best was cleaning the seatbelts... Gross... 40 yrs of gunk n grime. The belts were stiff and oily and you couldn't even read the labels beforehand.
View attachment 1795096 View attachment 1795099

Just soap and water or secret recipe??

You have two different tail gates?

531AFF2A-7433-4E7D-8D4F-749AAD92CE44.jpeg
AB16D87A-B91E-43E3-B823-307354E11D54.jpeg
F04F7C61-DF41-4F44-AFE1-0EB024847DF5.jpeg
As they said in the movie Rounders, “lotta action” today. Mark was visiting friends in San Diego this weekend and he brought down my OEM soft top channel for my 69. I also bought the OEM fuel line from carb to pump. Installed the channel and line today. I went to clean the line but it was perfectly clean and could not get any speck of any grime out of it. Used Permatex perma shield— no leaks. I also reorganized the vacuum switching lines per what I saw on a concours 69FST. These picks show the channel, the new line and the buggered one the PO hacked. Also bought (and pictured) is yet another’s extra 3/69-9/69 carb. I boght this one because it had the hard to find solenoid— I wanted a spare. Anyway , good meeting Mark in person and chatting with him and a big thanks to him for everything!

Last edited:
Glad that hideous holly fuel regulator is off and the orig fuel line back in. Up next is replacing all of my hose clamps with original clamps; I did replace some but not all. Also, am replacing some of the hoses with the original red hose (so long as they are in good shape). Mainly PVC line from carb, the pvc line from the air cleaner to the valve cover and a couple of water lines (the rest were black but I need to confirm). The water overflow was a reddish clear--need to investigate that as well. Later gents. m

Today I took apart my doors (for the most part). I know its hard to see the door panel in the second picture because of the bang-up camo paint job...
IMG_20180922_144520.jpg
IMG_20180922_161543.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom