What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another piddily project....... @RAGINGMATT swung me a good deal on a reproduction radio delete plate - I was fairly sure it would not fit the hacked up opening but since I’d already ‘red-necked’ a cover plate out of metal and adhesive foam, this just dressed it up a bit!
*Velcro tape works wonders :grinpimp:

View attachment 1708809

Lev-O-Gauge is pretty cool. Never saw it before.

What is the cloths pin for?
To hold the shopping list when the wife sends you to the store?

Shucks brother... I’m all modern now... get honey-do list compliments of text these days!
Clothes pin makes a good chip clip though :hillbilly:

Getting closer to going to the blaster and the paint and body shop!!
20180523_161033.jpg
20180513_104802.jpg

Does he sell them or just happen to have one? I have a similar Jerry-rigged hole to dress up.

I haven’t reached ‘master’ of jerry-rigging just yet but gettin there! Here’s my hole covering solution:

Mend plate - Home Depot
*Think I had to cut it just a bit and rounded corners with grinder:
A81635D2-6430-4A4D-B23A-CF0797510B2A.jpeg

Good old Velcro tape - Walmart:
61B3C385-B3E8-48A8-9609-7E7C6CB280B5.jpeg

Adhesive foam to cover - Walmart:
90CE722C-CD2B-46FA-A57B-7D22F7EA8439.jpeg

Lev-O-Gauge is pretty cool. Never saw it before.
The destroyer I was on had a brass pendulum mounted midships on the front of #4 boiler.
45 degrees was supposedly the critical roll angle before capsizing.
More than once during a storm while sitting on watch at the bottom of that boat the pendulum would go over to 45, sometimes a little passed one way or the other, then hang there for a few seconds and someone would inevitably say this is it boys then the pendulum would swing back and there would be a collective sigh of relief.

Another piddily project....... @RAGINGMATT swung me a good deal on a reproduction radio delete plate - I was fairly sure it would not fit the hacked up opening but since I’d already ‘red-necked’ a cover plate out of metal and adhesive foam, this just dressed it up a bit!
*Velcro tape works wonders :grinpimp:

View attachment 1708809

So we have the cloths pin mystery cleared up, now what is the level control nob on the left for?
Don't tell me it is hooked to the lev-o-gage.

The destroyer I was on had a brass pendulum mounted midships on the front of #4 boiler.
45 degrees was supposedly the critical roll angle before capsizing.
More than once during a storm while sitting on watch at the bottom of that boat the pendulum would go over to 45, sometimes a little passed one way or the other, then hang there for a few seconds and someone would inevitably say this is it boys then the pendulum would swing back and there would be a collective sigh of relief.

So we have the cloths pin mystery cleared up, now what is the level control nob on the left for?
Don't tell me it is hooked to the lev-o-gage.

*God bless you for your service - Got 2 brothers ex-Navy... youngest was EOD - retired as a Chief

*Nah... that’s my rigged up volume control - connected to an amp hidden in the glove box - use a phone for music :grinpimp:

I know many aren't Dynamat fans...but I removed the passenger door panel today, tightened up everything, greased the regulator, treated rust in the bottom interior of the door and replaced a missing nut. Then I added Dynamat to the interior wall and lined under the door panel.

Wow! What a difference it makes. It completely deadens the rattles and road noise. It started raining before I could get to the drivers door, but with just one door complete its a significant improvement.

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_8510.JPG

6CA47DA7-534E-4760-9BC1-3ACD3E7527C4.jpeg
039183D2-8C1E-47E3-8C50-349EBD7884AD.jpeg
AC8B10D2-FC1B-49D4-90FB-A204091BBFBF.jpeg
00329015-2FB6-4C69-BF46-D8595368184E.jpeg
5CF4C0DB-8EE3-426C-AA35-AB9762C5091A.jpeg
After almost 3 months in shop, I finally got my 40 back home and in my shop. Got the Vader light going, installed new hub caps and working on electrical. I had head lights working but when I hit high beam—no more lights— will have to sort through all that— I have schematics, tools and time. Also loaded Tuffy boxes with items I have accumulated

Lol— the one on top is a Robart/Dennis Crooks collaboration kit— 114” span, P38 Lightning—run’s on 2 Ziroli G62 gas engines— only one left in the world I think—have tons of planes— big, small, electric, gas, alky race planes etc

Cool planes, I was really into the warbird RC thing years ago. I need to get back into it. Love those tires on your rig, it just looks right. Where are the Tuffy boxes mounted?

@Martyt try looking at your high beam switch, may be crude. Mine acted weird on my JW Speakers until I worked the high beam switch a few times, now they work great

May be crudy and poor contact.

@handala what did you use to get your Warns looking so good? Cleaner or what shade of paint to match the inner turning area? The original color is unique

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom