What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I swapped all the bulbs in the 200 over to LEDs last night (except turn signals and high beams) and made a "real time" video on changing the reverse lights to LEDs. I am experimenting with mixing in videos instead of my usual long blocks of text with pics, so maybe someone will find this useful. To help with search results, this is how to remove the taillight or at least the center section mounted to the hatch.

I got impatient looking for a spare RW so I
Ordered a single new one, tomorrow I hope to find a used 285/70 to tide me over as a spare until I buy a matched set of 5 285/75s next set of tires.

E17978B5-C52D-4AE7-96E8-763738795229.jpeg

Ordered a single new one, tomorrow I hope to find a used 285/70 to tide me over as a spare until I buy a matched set of 5 285/75s next set of tires.

View attachment 2385646

Interesting that they ship without the button head cap screws installed. Are they down inside the box in a baggie?

Interesting that they ship without the button head cap screws installed. Are they down inside the box in a baggie?
Yes they are. I’ve read it’s recommended to remove the rings for mounting and dismounting tires. The ring was separately wrapped, but I unwrapped it for a the photo. I’ll leave it off for having the tire mounted, hopefully tomorrow.

View attachment 2385646

looks beautiful!! didn't know that you could still buy these new. that's awesome. I almost want to get a set before I even get the rig!! Wife usually makes better sense prevail.

looks beautiful!! didn't know that you could still buy these new. that's awesome. I almost want to get a set before I even get the rig!! Wife usually makes better sense prevail.
I found that Olathe Toyota has them online. They are discontinued, and not many places have stock. They discount them some, so it was around $480 shipped. Still high, but I've not found a direct path to getting a spare other than driving 4 hours each way to pick up a set of 4 for $800, then splitting them up, selling, shipping the other three, etc, and I just don't have time for that.

Made up a suitable mount for my Garmin (and possibly other accessories) using Ram Mount Tough Track. Attached with 3M VHB to the top of the Entune stack.

View attachment 2091687View attachment 2091688

Now that it's been several months, how is this holding up? That spot on my '13 isn't perfectly flat, but I could probably get a 6" or 8" section down there. Just looking to hold an iphone and handheld radio. Small iPad would probably be on a separate mount on the passenger seat bracket.

Now that it's been several months, how is this holding up? That spot on my '13 isn't perfectly flat, but I could probably get a 6" or 8" section down there. Just looking to hold an iphone and handheld radio. Small iPad would probably be on a separate mount on the passenger seat bracket.
I haven’t had a single issue.

Yes they are. I’ve read it’s recommended to remove the rings for mounting and dismounting tires. The ring was separately wrapped, but I unwrapped it for a the photo. I’ll leave it off for having the tire mounted, hopefully tomorrow.
Are you going to install it before they balance the tire? I would think the ring will throw the balance off a bit if not.

I swapped all the bulbs in the 200 over to LEDs last night (except turn signals and high beams) and made a "real time" video on changing the reverse lights to LEDs. I am experimenting with mixing in videos instead of my usual long blocks of text with pics, so maybe someone will find this useful. To help with search results, this is how to remove the taillight or at least the center section mounted to the hatch.

Here's another quick video I did showing how easy it is to swap out a winch hook for a Factor 55 Flatlink. It quite literally installs in a few seconds with a good set of snap rings, so it's a one :banana: job for sure.

Are you going to install it before they balance the tire? I would think the ring will throw the balance off a bit if not.
honestly with a cheap used tire I’m using for a spare, I’ll probably throw the ring on post balance and not worry about it. When my ~60% tread Ridge Grapplers die, I’m going to buy a matched set of five. Then I’ll have to make that decision. Lots of folks have reported having tires mounted with the ring on with no issues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom