What gives on snorkel prices? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jzilla said:
Anyone that knows the cut (steep portion of #1) in north van.
Well before I could not go all the way up without hitting 1200F (in 4th gear). Usually I go up in third just because why bother pushing it. But with the air filter and snorkel I had to test this again. I can go all the way up in 4th now and the temp levels out at 1100F and does not get any hotter. Anyhow my difference in temps has to be due to the snorkel and the filter.

Now that is interesting and some real world results...though one result does not for a study make. Would be interesting to see if you would have noticed the same difference with just the snorkle and stock airbox.

Maybe it's not just bling afterall eh...

gb

Tapage said:
http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/aircleaner.htm#safari snorkel

not much .. but

mbroomHA.jpg

Now that is the best way to wash a muddy Cruiser :doh:

Sure, send them my way, unless someone will get to them sooner. I am bunking soon, and will not get to them till maybe tomorrow morning, but probably tomorrow night. gbowie@uniserve.com

You would still be drawing in outside (as opposed to engine bay) air with the scoop turned around.

gb

on the highway run facing forward, in mud or off road run facing backward. this keeps clean air going in and keeps the branches from busting out the little plastic grill, it also stops water splashes from getting access to the air box...
just a suggestion of course
i have tried runing with the top facing backwards ont he HZJ75 and found a derease in power (well in my mind it felt that way) and i attribute it to the vacumm created as the air goes by at speed.
cheers

Here ya go!

gb
bbhomesnorkle1.jpg
aahomesnorkel2.jpg

Stone said:
LOL...great pic, David. :D

Thanks .. !!!!

I thought the snorkel is a luxury item .. ! only some not many oportunities to reall y use this .. but looks nice, and give you the calmness when you cross a river or only to play in a water hole .. :D

check this .. !

paso_los_aceites.jpg

Last edited:
I think the OEM snokels are better for the reason of rain getting into your box

I am not worried about rain getting in my box at least, because it is designed for this problem. Well the air box I got is. It has a drain at the bottom of it, i drilled another drain hole as well. With the cylinder design the water just travels down the curve to the drain holes.

Eric Winkworth said:
I think the OEM snokels are better for the reason of rain getting into your box

We've got a number of JDM 7* series boxes that are a direct bolt-in, are cyclonic, have the cup to catch the debries spun out, and a drain hole. Works great from what I have seen. I also just installed an HJ61 box with the same features in Poo, and it was a bolt in.

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom