What does this button do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0764.JPG
Disclaimer-I haven't done a search, am posting from phone and am too greasy and dirty to go inside and use the computer.

I'm checking the wiring on my 65 before hooking up the battery as it hasn't been hooked up in 10-15 years. I see a couple of wires that have clearly shorted, and a few others that appear hacked.

My question is, what is the yellow switch on the dash above the lights? Is it stock? Seems to have a suspicious amount of hacked/nonstock wires attached to it. Thanks, Duane

Thanks-that is what I figured but didn't want to stop working to look it up, Duane

image.jpg
The switch looks stock but the knob should be black like this. It was the switch for the dome light on most FJ40's.
image.jpeg
If no dome light was installed or it was a FJ45 LPB, then it had a small flush grey plug in the original hole.

Interesting Mark, I've got 4 '65s in the barn I'll have to check closer but I don't believe I've seen it on any of mine that I can remember. But my Australian parts book does show what it calls a "general purpose" switch in that area.

Last edited:
IMG_0766.JPG
Wish mine was as clean as your red fst, very nice.
Mine does have the interior light, it seems to be harboring wildlife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom