What do you think of this frame? Rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All! Total noob in the market for a 3rd gen. Any thoughts on the rust on this truck? Thanks!

rearaxlelca.jpg

Ya, get better pics. You are in NY and there is fresh salt on the gas tank skid plate.

Looks undercoated. That could be ok....or a complete disaster underneath.

New images are definitely in order to say for sure.

Thanks guys. I went to see it and there was some flaking rust on some parts. I passed on the car. Basically, I'm OK if there's one issue. If there are three major issues, I pass. In this case, it was leaking on the rear axle onto the drums, possible head gasket leak. Some interior issues as well.

Rear axle is probably just the axle seal, not to bad of a job, but the head gasket is a little different story. I hope you keep looking for one, there are still some good ones out there. I've had my '98 since 2002, Best vehicle i have ever owned.

Thanks! Do you use it as your daily driver? What would you pay for a good one today?
I do use mine as a daily driver. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking to just get in a decent stock one or one that already had mods done? Plus it depends on location.

I went to see it and it was a hard pass. The paint in the photos looks nice, but when I went to see it, leaking axles and possible head gasket leaks meant "no thanks". Too bad because it was one of the nicest most cooperative sellers I've met.

98runnerguy - I want a good truck for excursions, light off-roading, and occasional longer trips. Mods are OK - if done right. Willing to pay shipping for a good one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom