What do you do with your key chain/fob when you're driving?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife and I are road tripping from GA to VA and we've got all the cup holders taken up with coffee and water which is where the key would usually go. The ash tray is being occupied by other little things as well (not cigarettes). This is the first push start vehicle either of us has had and it's driving me up the wall that there isn't a designated spot. Lots of yall are very innovative so I figured someone has something figured out in regards to placement of the keys.

My wife and I are road tripping from GA to VA and we've got all the cup holders taken up with coffee and water which is where the key would usually go. The ash tray is being occupied by other little things as well (not cigarettes). This is the first push start vehicle either of us has had and it's driving me up the wall that there isn't a designated spot. Lots of yall are very innovative so I figured someone has something figured out in regards to placement of the keys.

Don't your pants have pockets? :wacky:

Do you have the center console storage box? Must have item for every 200 series Cruiser.

(The Chinese censoring makes the brand appropriation OK)

Last edited:
I’m super creative: in the pocket of my pants or coat. If I’m wearing something without pockets (t shirt and swim trunks, for example), I’ll toss the key onto the rubber pad at the front of the shifter console (where the usb plug is). Mine is a 2013.

I have one of those cool box trays and they are great, but for a long trip I’d probably leave it out so I could use the cool box at full capacity.

What about the sunglass holder in the overhead console area? I keep a backup pair of shades there (most of my other pairs wouldn't fit) but perhaps that space is available for you?

I have a rubber sleeve on one of my fobs, and I put that one in the ash tray and close it. It doesn’t rattle and it has a home.

Why would you want to remove the key fob from your pocket or purse?

I don’t get it. That’s the whole point of the push to start system.

You walk up to the truck with the key in your pocket. Put your hand in the door handle and the door unlocks automatically. Get in, buckle the seat belt, put your foot on the brake, hit the start button and drive off, all without ever touching the key fob.

Why would you want to remove the key fob from your pocket or purse?

I don’t get it. That’s the whole point of the push to start system.

You walk up to the truck with the key in your pocket. Put your hand in the door handle and the door unlocks automatically. Get in, buckle the seat belt, put your foot on the brake, hit the start button and drive off, all without ever touching the key fob.
I wear athletic shorts a lot and the pockets are so thin, that a key fob falls down my leg and I kinda sit on it.

Then I jeans, the fob sits on the front of my leg where I like to rest my arms. One at a time, switching sides.

I agree that a fob should be on you at all times, but we are all different, and as such, have different views of comfort.

What I really want is the Lexus card fob and a titanium for my wife when she comes with me on trips.

carabiner, and hook to one of your belt loops/side of pants. Out of sight out of mind.

The LX has a little non-slip pad in front of the shifter, right under the center console. I've made a habit of putting keys there.

Get this, program it to your LC and keep it in your wallet.

View attachment 1934423

It has been reported here many times that it is not possible to use the LX570 "Card Key" you pictured with an LC200.

Please provide your source for the Card Key, and how it can be programmed to work with the LC200.

Do you have knowledge of this actually working? Or are you just hopeful that it might work?

TIA for any clarification.

I think @NetJunky got this to work? Probably not compatible with all years & fob permutations that exist, but I thought with TIS software it could be done if you had the right combinations and all the stars aligned.

Scroll down a couple of postings:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom