Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced a blown out a front shock. I had about 6 months, and a few thousand on this OEM shock.

I love the ride of the OEM, but it may be time to upgrade.

Jim

20180521_165425.jpg

So diving further into it it looks like the motor lead isolation block is missing.I am assuming the previous owner tried to take off the cable and the stud spun causing the separation from the winding and damaging the isolation block. Then just tightened the stud all the way down. Spoke with a motor shop today. Going to install new isolation washers and re solder the stud to the winding. I have already rang out the winding's and they show to be in good condition.
Rad. What motor shop are you using?

Is that the one from Tuscon?
Yes it was. I'd been watching it for a few weeks, looked at a bunch of others, and then it came down to a reasonable price.

Last edited:
After last week's rear window replacement, loaded up Friday and headed from Tucson to Prescott. Put the kayaks on Watson Lake Sunday morning (beat the crowds), biked Peavine Trail Sunday at sunset. Scenic and historical look at former SFP&P Ry (Santa Fe, Prescott and Phoenix Railway).

loading up.jpg

Last edited:
After selling my last cruiser and commuting/exploring on a motorcycle the last two years, I finally am back to CSC! I just picked up a GX470 this weekend and am excited to get out again!

View attachment 1709458

That GX looks legit. However that black 100 a few years back...:crybaby:... thing was dialed. Still folks crying on the ones that missed it!

That GX looks legit. However that black 100 a few years back...:crybaby:... thing was dialed. Still folks crying on the ones that missed it!

I'm still crying for having sold it! We had a lot of fun with it in Sedona when my boy was young!

2012-11-04_17-09-48_992.jpg

Daddy got a new pair of shoes. 18x9 Method NV's. Need to get new tires eventually but compromised with the wife.
IMG_0400.JPG
The chrome was driving me crazy.
IMG_0383.JPG

Hey there... so I am working to replace the mechanical fuel pump that is on the BBC with a Carter P4070 electronic fuel pump. I am getting ready to find a good spot to mount the pump and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I understand that it should be as close to the tank as possible and located at a locations that is below the level of the tank so that it does not need to pull the fuel into the pump (gravity feed = happy pump).
My other question is wrt the orientation of the Carter P4070 pump... does it matter if it "hangs" or "sits" on the supplied mounting bracket? I have email Carter to ask this questions but was wondering if anyone has worked this out already...
Carter P4070 Hanging.jpg
Carter P4070 Sitting.jpg

Cheers-
Ryan and Rusty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom