What are we doing for Radiators? (1 Viewer)

The FJ55 I got was T-boned and the fan went through the radiator. Tracking down one at the regular shopping grounds ( SOR, Cool Cruisers, MAF, Radiator Barn) I came up empty handed... Are we just modifying generic radiators now? Any input would be great..

Thanks,
-Al:beer:

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Re-core would be best bet, if the local shop can.

I remember hearing that there was a Dodge Ram Charger application that came in pretty darn close, but I never found out exactly what year/model/options it was.

radiator shop can recore if the tanks are good, also a 70's dodge duster? radiator is almost completely bolt-in.

sorry cant be more specific but there is info about it here if you do some searching on my fuzzy memory.

pablo i think its was the blazer type truck, i remember it was so dang close, held one in my hands back in the day and compared.

I bought a radiator from Radiator Barn for an fj62. I have a sbc and a 700r4 trans in my '69 fj55. It bolts in with home made, flat adapter brackets. No cutting or wierd clearance trouble. It,s a bit larger than stock. It works great and no overheating problems. Reasonable price and delivered to my doorstep within 3 days.

the 62 radiator IS a close enough to easy mod to fit..../after it caught a rock, I dumped a bottle of stop leak into my OG recored but weeping rad...and 2 hours at idle netted no leaks. recoring is the best option for time+mods V money, but if we could find a shelf kept bolt in, that would be cooool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom