wet mud is bad for engine... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=9855;start=msg87392#msg87392 date=1073625721]
Now get back back to my momma or she'll charge you overtime.[/quote]

She called me tonight. :flipoff2:

few bad things happened in a row.

First, only 2 of us were in the park that day (park was closed, but they left us in since we promised not to do anything stupid :doh: :whoops:), next was we were at the end of the day and I was playing :doh: :ban:, next after getting home, I had to leave the next morning for a week long work trip to Helsinki (which meant all the water and crap sat in my truck for a solid week before I could start), oh and it was Mar 8 which meant it still got COLD :mad:, oh and the wife really hated me right about then (what better excuse than me having to deal with my truck for a few days).

Had to take out all the seats, all the console crap, the rugs, the jute, take apart every electrical connection I could find and clean it with WD40 and compressed air, pack with grease then reassmeble etc. Took a good week of solid work.

I hate mud and water.

oh, and everything seemed ok, till all of a sudden, my feet started to feel wet. Then the truck would stall everytime I hit the lockers. Then I would have to turn them off, start it, floor it and throw it into reverse. Basically there was no time to winch or get strapped. It was get out now or get fawked. :eek:

after starting it, flooring it and tossing it into R about 30 times, I finally got far enough out that I could make it in one fell swoop.

What had happened was the area was flooded and wasn't too bad. The bottom was really soft mud. Well, there had a been a huge tractor in there that was digging and basically there was an 8' hole, about 8' x 8' and the front half of my truck was pitching off the ledge. We only learned this when the staff trucks showed up after we'd called to let them know we had a minor issue. :whoops:

Junk, I hope you got the trout out of that door pocket!

Now we know the rest of the story as to why stuff keeps self destrucing!!!!

:flipoff2: :D :D

Funny thing was when I was cleaning out the truck, taking out the seats etc, I found like what had to have been a several month old half eaten cheeseburger. :whoops: Of course that must have been there from someone else used my truck. :D

Yeah, the high school teams really hate to see me pull up when they have those car washes. :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=9855;start=msg87738#msg87738 date=1073675465]
  • :flipoff2: :D :D
  • I found like what had to have been a several month old half eaten cheeseburger
  • Yeah, the high school teams really hate to see me pull up when they have those car washes. :D
[/quote]

First ... :flipoff2: . Next , I'm pretty certain that forensics found trace residue of a sappy substance on the partially eaten burger . Any guesses ?? DIET PEPSI ! :flipoff2: . And finally , would you actually believe that I show up at those charity car washes and they just look at me , and then my truck ... " Umm Mister , it ain't dirty !?? WTF ?' Haha .. messes with their mind . Then I ask where they keep their tooth brushes , and what brand of aluminum polish they are planning on using on the wheels . :D :D :slap:

[quote author=Tyler link=board=2;threadid=9855;start=msg87980#msg87980 date=1073696535]
DIET PEPSI ![/quote]

CRINGE :flipoff2:

[quote author=Tyler link=board=2;threadid=9855;start=msg87980#msg87980 date=1073696535]Umm Mister , it ain't dirty !?? WTF ?' Haha .. messes with their mind . [/quote]

I kind of have the opposite issues. :D LOL, tell them to get to that new suspension with those toothbrushes too. :D You better post pics, or at least send me some when you're done. No, I won't post 'em without you saying it's ok.

I like the mud pictures :cheers:

We have a lot of muddy roads here too but I am always careful not to dive in a mud pool. :D

Mike

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=9855;start=msg88087#msg88087 date=1073707109] Only a moron would get stuck like that. :D
[/quote]

Reallly?.............. :rolleyes: Know any?........... :flipoff2:

I live in the desert to protect myself from stupid things like me....I mean that............ :whoops:

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=9855;start=msg88087#msg88087 date=1073707109]
Only a moron would get stuck like that. :D[/quote]

Me izza mowron. Did get out on me own power though, so technically not stuck. :flipoff2: Plus, you never saw my fat butt hanging out like some fugly dude out your way. :flipoff2: :D :D

junk .... what do you have done to your rig? as in mods? are you running super swampers in that mud?

Yeah, those are 36x13r16 Swamper bias ply TSL's that I custom grooved and siped. J springs with 20mm packers all around and the L shocks. Slee control arms, panhards, 4.56, arbs, blower etc. Just little stuff.

Still get stuck though, like here
Lobsterfest_0050.jpg

But no stuck here
Lobsterfest_0063.jpg

Had plans to put portals under it with maybe some bigger Iroks, but now I'm selling the portals and going in another direction. :-\

Ive heard a theory that if theres mud, drive through the part with the water, cause you know theres a bottom then. Think Junk proved that theory wrong :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom