***Weber Carb*** Adjustment Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm currently at 10. Everything performs well once I'm going, I just can't get the idle speed up. Might be time to pull the weber.

2f w/ DUI, header and weber 38/38
Elevation 138'

Main 160
Air Correction 160
idle 60

Im getting 10-11 mpg. But it light ping if i apply load (WOT) while cruising highway spd. 70mph
other then that it's a beast. I start out playing w/ 142 main and 185 air correction but it ping crazy when get to 60mph. Im still experimenting...

JOHNNYC .......THANKS FOR THESE USEFUL INFO......!

Yes , they work .
I had written enough info on the DGV series Weber over the years to print both of those books and then some - most of it is on the Zuhwarrie and Offroad.com boards but a lot of it has been lost to board changes . The whole issue was mostly Redline/WorldPac's ignoring the poor design of their install kits - those cast plates and included .105" thick gaskets cause most of the problems along with some pretty crappy castings coming out of Spain . When the market got flooded by a vendor importing Chinese knockoffs I decided to get out of it - people were sending them here to be fixed and I would not deal with them , and the vendor was telling customers to pound sand . A lot of it ended in some trade lawsuit and I ended up having to answer a lot of questions for Weber about trademark differences , glad it's all over . I never did work directly for Weber nor WorldPac or Redline , but they sure liked using me for support - that was the final blow .

Sarge

my fall back guy ( a good friend in my younger years) was always Jose at Weber Carbs Direct .... he has since left due to his striving side buisness fixing Mercedes Benz ... people are fed up with dealer prices I suppose LOL

I did work with him a few times on parts , but mostly Ron Souls - who is long gone as well . Their management has cost them more high quality techs and employees than I can count . What really set me off was the boss was using my number , sourced from Ron's notes for tech reference after he left - without asking permission in any way at all . I stopped that right quick with 1 phone call , who just assumes things like that ?
Sarge

@Weber Sarge 's 'eye bleeding weber thread' - everything and more than you want to know.

Attachments

• ORC Weber Post - edited.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,060
my fall back guy ( a good friend in my younger years) was always Jose at Weber Carbs Direct .... he has since left due to his striving side buisness fixing Mercedes Benz ... people are fed up with dealer prices I suppose LOL

I could use some help if you dont mind .. i just got an 88 jeep wrangler Laredo got a Weber 38 conversion in stock state . i need components come stock on the carb in close to sea level i googled it it said 300m/984ft this is our altitude close to sea level i might just need the regulator or needle and seat.

recommended starting points on your idle and mixture screws. im so lost its not even funny..

I could use some help if you dont mind .. i just got an 88 jeep wrangler Laredo got a Weber 38 conversion in stock state . i need components come stock on the carb in close to sea level i googled it it said 300m/984ft this is our altitude close to sea level i might just need the regulator or needle and seat.

recommended starting points on your idle and mixture screws. im so lost its not even funny..

@dawny

Since your a jeep owner I'll give you some slack ... Because you may not have read the thread from the beginning :meh:

:)

I have posted typical starting points for weber 38 at the second post ... You would be comparable (in jet size only) to the 2F ... Main155/air180/idle60

There is a tune weber guide for the 38 in post #13

Throttle adjust screw backed out till just not contacting throttle (you would call this the idle speed screw)

Idle adjusting screws back out one full turn (you would call this the mixture screw)

Hope that helps... You can 'conversation me' if it is giving you problems... Don't want to clog up a cruiser thread with jeep info :)

@dawny

Since your a jeep owner I'll give you some slack ... Because you may not have read the thread from the beginning :meh:

:)

I have posted typical starting points for weber 38 at the second post ... You would be comparable (in jet size only) to the 2F ... Main155/air180/idle60

There is a tune weber guide for the 38 in post #13

Throttle adjust screw backed out till just not contacting throttle (you would call this the idle speed screw)

Idle adjusting screws back out one full turn (you would call this the mixture screw)

Hope that helps... You can 'conversation me' if it is giving you problems... Don't want to clog up a cruiser thread with jeep info :)

YES IT HELPED THANK YOU...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom