Warped Intake? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beachcomber Bernie

Wife Approved, Mud-life crisis
SILVER Star
Threads
I don't think this is right so I'd appreciate your insights. '77 intake carb seat is leaning to the front (left in pic) and I don't think it was cast this way. Is this warpage known to occur?

44F19790-DFF5-4527-B446-C3F000EF5C38.jpeg

2C07D261-0E55-4168-9FDD-14FB00E08481.jpeg

B2C5D268-C2CD-4F68-AC65-91D22C0C7F2D.jpeg

I think your manifold was repaired and the machining was not done correctly. I would search for pictures to compare to.
Here's one for reference:

Was doing just that when you replied.

Found this one with matching part #.
Pic #2 looks like mine BUT I'm open hearing more from the collective before I abandon this one.

Last edited:
Great feedback guys!
The lean doesn't seem to affect carb and isolator fitment at all. Still a little concerned with airbox arm alignment to the carb after everything gets bolted up.

Appreciate y'all taken a look for me.

Hmm, I guess I never noticed that detail before. Good research guys :clap:

Maybe to compensate for the motor's slight slant to the rear? Only have older rigs, so don't know if the engine set (angle) was different over the years.

As the last couple replies have said, the engine tilts rear end down a a few degrees and the angle for carb mounting is to compensate for this to have carb mounted level.
F52C4306-ACE2-4DBB-9B1B-BAFD629CD204.jpeg

Huge thanks to ALL of you for bringing your knowledge before I bolted it all up. Hopefully this little tidbit can help someone else as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom