Warn M8000 Solenoid Box Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone tell me what's going on here? I'd been having trouble with my winch/remote operating, and on further inspection noticed one of the pins on the solenoid box is deeper than the rest. See the pic below - the 'female' pin on the bottom of the picture is sunken deeper than the others.

Without another winch to compare, can somebody confirm for me that this is not normal? Any suggestions on what to do before I tear apart the solenoid box and plug?

20b1g2e.jpg

My M8000 must be older than yours, because my connector does not look like that.

But I would be suspicious of that sunken pin.

What exact problem are you having with your winch? Dead, powers in but not out or vice-versa? More info would help for suggestions.

Thanks - yes, I purchased the winch last year, so it is the new 5-pin connector.

While pulling somebody out this winter, I noticed that the winch was cutting in and out while spooling in. For the remote to work, I have to almost hold the plug against the solenoid box. At first I thought it was a faulty remote, but then I noticed how deep this one pin sits. I just want to confirm that one of the pins on the remote isn't supposed to be longer than the others...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom