1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warn M8000 Solenoid Box Help

Discussion in 'Winching and Recovery' started by dtchevy42, Apr 18, 2017 at 9:31 PM.

1. dtchevy42

dtchevy42

Can someone tell me what's going on here? I'd been having trouble with my winch/remote operating, and on further inspection noticed one of the pins on the solenoid box is deeper than the rest. See the pic below - the 'female' pin on the bottom of the picture is sunken deeper than the others.

Without another winch to compare, can somebody confirm for me that this is not normal? Any suggestions on what to do before I tear apart the solenoid box and plug?

[​IMG]

2. 1911

1911 chupacabra SILVER Star

My M8000 must be older than yours, because my connector does not look like that.

But I would be suspicious of that sunken pin.

What exact problem are you having with your winch? Dead, powers in but not out or vice-versa? More info would help for suggestions.

3. dtchevy42

dtchevy42

Thanks - yes, I purchased the winch last year, so it is the new 5-pin connector.

While pulling somebody out this winter, I noticed that the winch was cutting in and out while spooling in. For the remote to work, I have to almost hold the plug against the solenoid box. At first I thought it was a faulty remote, but then I noticed how deep this one pin sits. I just want to confirm that one of the pins on the remote isn't supposed to be longer than the others...

4. red mud fj

red mud fj SILVER Star

5. Warn Industries

Warn Industries Supporting Vendor

Media:
    From the pic you posted, there is a good chance it's that pin. If you need assistance fixing it, give us a call at 800-543-9276.

Andy

Tags: