Warn M12000 Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm going to be fusing my winch and I want to be sure I am understanding WHAT exactly to fuse (please note that my controller box is mounted under my hood.)

If I fuse the positive from the battery to the controller I am good... right? That will protect the wire from the battery to the controller and the wires from the controller to the winch itself... right?

243134d1146585900-warn-winch-wiring-warn-wiring-diagram-2.jpg

Yep, you are correct...any idea what size fuse you are gonna have to put in there?

Yep, you are correct...any idea what size fuse you are gonna have to put in there?

Warn states max draw of 440 amps... I am going to use a 500a fuse.

http://www.donrowe.com/accessories/fuse_anl.html

I imagine that the real world draw seldom approaches 440 but I wouldn't want to have the fuse blow during use. The fuse is really for a catastrophic situation where one of the wires shorts to ground - like in a front end impact. I have the wires from the controller box to the winch running through the diagonal x members under the radiator and then up behind the winch mounting plate. it would take quite a bit but if one of those got pinched and shorted it would be certainly ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom