Warn Hardware (bolts/nuts) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
Threads
I have a Warn XD 9000. I don't have the hardware to mount it. I have tried all the local places, I have tried several Warn dealers and have even received wrong bolts/nuts.

Where on earth can I get some good hardware to mount this?

Any help?

Does it need special hardware?

I've always used grade 8 bolts from the hardware store. As I recall, nearly all of the hardware is coarse spline 7/16 and 1/2 inch.

Does it need special hardware?

I've always used grade 8 bolts from the hardware store. As I recall, nearly all of the hardware is coarse spline 7/16 and 1/2 inch.
I can find the grade 8 bolts. The square nuts I can't find.

Should I just find a standard nuts that fits in the "feet" and don't spin?

I can get those square nuts locally. Want me to send some?

I can get those square nuts locally. Want me to send some?
You'd be my super hero. I just want to bolt on my winch to the new labs bumper lol! PM your details and I will send some paypal $ or beers or coffee whatever you would like. :cheers:

Thank you sir!! I owe you!!

Thanks man!

LOL--Did you ever get these? If so, let's see some pics of the winch in the bumper!

I did!!! :beer: :cheers:

That is my sunday project :) (been out of town). I will be sure to post pics!

Thank you so much.

..... wrong size (too large (preemptive that's what she said)). Going to head down to the bird and sasco tomorrow with the winch.

..... wrong size (too large (preemptive that's what she said)). Going to head down to the bird and sasco tomorrow with the winch.

Wow-I even pulled one off my 8274 to get the size right. You sure? That's 7/16 coarse like 99% of other Warn threads.

Wow-I even pulled one off my 8274 to get the size right. You sure? That's 7/16 coarse like 99% of other Warn threads.
Thread maybe correct, but that square nut is too large to fit in the "feet" of the winch (warn x9000). I will take measurements and pics in the am when light.

As Matt mentioned there are a couple more stores I didn't think about local that may have them, if not then mcmaster to source.

I really appreciate sending the nuts. I will send ship you something for your time and cost :).

Don't worry about it. Hope you get this right, but it's strange, because they are an exact match to the ones already in my own winch.

I have lost one of the square nuts from my Warn VR10000-s winch. I checked the size and thread pattern of the others, and these are 3/8" x 16 thread in Grade 5. Maybe this is the same issue that @retrofive was facing 3 years back when he was trying to source replacement nuts since most Warn hardware is 7/16".

Since this is the ONLY standard hardware on my entire 80, I am looking to replace it (and possibly the hardware on my fairlead) with metric and was looking at M10 for the winch mounting hardware. However, I am not able to find any M10 square nuts harder than Class 5 (equivalent of Grade 3).

Anyone know of a source for M10 Class 8.8 or 10.9 square nuts?

Regarding the Fairlead hardware, my current hardware is 7/16 Grade 8. I was looking at going to M12 10.9 hardware, but the holes in the fairlead are a hair too small for it. How much of a consideration is shear strength for the fairlead bolts? If I change from 7/16 to M10, I lose about 1MM of bolt thickness. Is there anything to be concerned about with going down to M10, or will it be fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom