Waeco CF50 issues - help wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the old style CF-50 with 5 LED lights, not digital display. This was awhile back but I think the temperature selection became non-adjustable and the lights would blink erratically.

Thanks I have the 'B' design with the digital display. The display read -18 and the fridge runs but never shuts off and the temp display never changes. So far I changed the board and tested a new thermister with no change.

Mine went through that phase once. It would only run turbo mode. I regulated it on that trip by unplugging it. I gave up on mine after throwing about $150 in replacement parts at it. Still have it if anyone wants parts off of it (make an offer). I'll have to de-solder 2 wires on the main PCB, but the controller/display PCB is easily unplugged.

Mine went through that phase once. It would only run turbo mode. I regulated it on that trip by unplugging it. I gave up on mine after throwing about $150 in replacement parts at it. Still have it if anyone wants parts off of it (make an offer). I'll have to de-solder 2 wires on the main PCB, but the controller/display PCB is easily unplugged.

Do you have the board in the picture below available?

IMG_2807.JPG

It is inside the pictured plastic box

444100039__93099.1409872854.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
That's the only board I didn't replace because I couldn't find a source for it. I replaced the main PCB mounted to the end of the casing where the power plugs into and the upper control PCB.

So, yes, I have the original, but I suspect it is the primary failure in my case.

That's the only board I didn't replace because I couldn't find a source for it. I replaced the main PCB mounted to the end of the casing where the power plugs into and the upper control PCB.

So, yes, I have the original, but I suspect it is the primary failure in my case.

I found many sources but pricey
Im beginning to rethink going further

What is the part number on your board/black box?

IMG_2812.JPG

I have parts available for CF-50
Still have parts for the CF50?

My CF50 is reading -16 F and runs continuously. If I switch it to Celsius, it reads +60 C. I think it is the thermistor that is faulty. If I unplugged the thermistor, it stops running and I get an ERROR message on the display.

Resurrecting this thread because I'm about to clean out the camping gear and uncovered this CF-50 I have had for a while. Anyone want it? Your's if you cover shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom