Vortec swaps in your 40, 55, 60 and 80 series cruisers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
If your wanting more power and a more up to date engine and drivetrain give us a call. We can install a new or good used drivetrain in your cruiser to give it a new lease on life. The LSX engine puts out over 305 hp and goes up from there. We use custom harnesses built specifically for your vehicle and accessories. Every motor is custom tuned in house to suit your style of driving. Our aim is to give you the cleanest look possible.

image.jpeg

As far as replicating all the smog equipment yes. I don't see why we couldn't do a carb compliant vortec install. Most installs we program all that out of the system. It would require a little more research on my part and use of a dyno to tune it but anything can be done. This last one we kept mixed the old charcoal canister from the 62 with the new fuel system. We even retain the in tank pump.

Very pretty install. When I purchase a trope down the road, it will have a vortec in it.

Pme cost for 1975 hj45.thx

Have a 60 and I'm looking for a shop to do an engine swap and upgrade to the 5sp. This is an old thread but I thought I'd check here too. What'd the cost be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom