1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vortec Cold Air Intake Options? lets see your pics

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by EasternYeti, Feb 1, 2017.

1. EasternYeti

EasternYeti

Media:
    Hi Guys,

The P.O of my rig had installed a FJ62 intake w/ the snorkel outlet box. With the vortec, and the way its setup, its suffocating it. Picture a fat kid running a mile while breathing through a straw. Since its not a diesel, and I wont be fording any rivers that would necessitate the snorkel, i wanted to change it up in the name of efficiency.

What cold air kits are those of you running with the vortec? I have a dual battery setup which limits the space, but i need something on the idea of this picture (see below). Now, before i'm roasted alive I do know its a spectre intake, and i'm not a fan of the "blingy" look, but more like that orientation of up and over the side of the block. Looking for some Mud creative options

Plus lets show off our vortec setups!

Intake.jpg

2. NCFJ

NCFJ Supporting Vendor

I am not a big fan of cone style filters. I use the stock 62 air filter housing. The surface area of the filter is huge. have not had any air flow issues to date.

[​IMG]

brooksfj60 and EasternYeti like this.
  3. EasternYeti

EasternYeti

Media:
    That's exactly what my setup looks like, but my tubes are way too constricting.

Where did you buy the tubes, and did you modify the top of the 62 Intake?

That's the PERFECT setup

4. NCFJ

NCFJ Supporting Vendor

That is all 4" tube. Two 90s and I believe a 35. The straight section closest to the throttle body houses the MAF. All available from Summit. I cut the top of the air cleaner housing, it's tight but it works as it leaves about 3/8" height to clamp the 90 to it.

5. EasternYeti

EasternYeti

Media:
    Thanks that information is super appreciated! If I can get my engine compartment looking half as good as yours I'd be proud

6. NCFJ

NCFJ Supporting Vendor

Thanks much. Hope it works out for you. Hood to 90 clearance on top of the housing is tight. If the hood and support structure are separated, many are, it will touch.

7. brooksfj60

brooksfj60 SILVER Star

Media:
    Wow! That is beautiful!!!