Vehicle security (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
when you guys take your Pigs out and need to park and leave it unattended..other than locking the doors..what do y'all do to prevent vehicle theft?

I have a Doberman Sticker on my back window. Honestly, (knocking on wood) people have been very complimentary and respectful that I've never really worried about it unless I'm at a grubby shopping mall. What do you do?

Sadly, as with any car, if someone wants it bad enough there really isn't anything you can do. I'm getting the windows tinted to avoid, as Hank said, people at grubby shopping malls being able to see what is inside (and also to beat the heat).

I'll also put an E-Stopp on my ride with the key fob so someone can't just hotwire and drive it away. As well as a hidden kill switch for extra sketchy neighborhoods.

Plenty of room on the piggy's to hide a wired in tracker as well but you would have to use a service that would cost per month.

I'll be interested to see if anyone else is willing to give up their secret anti-theft plans, haha.

I had a friend with an old mustang that would pull the coil wire and take it with him. I've thought of kill switches also.

I don't have keys so I don't really lock my doors. Do crossed fingers count as security measures? I don't keep much that a thief is looking for in my pig and i usually leave all the windows down. I think it almost lets a would-be thief know "nothing here, move along." maybe i am naive.

A cheap way to track your truck is to hide an android phone in it with a power hookup. As long as you sign in to your gmail account on the phone you can track it on Google. Even if its not hooked up to a service. Maybe iSucks can do it too, but im not sure.

I have 1 of these.
20170523_165451.jpg

Big set of master lock street cuffs locks from the steering wheel to the roll cage or to a eye bolt in the floor in a 5x5 1/2 plate on the underside . made for motorcycles . keeps it from rolling away . the 4.7 engine is chipped so no key no start . spent 40 years living in Los Angeles .was not to uncommon to have to evict someone out of it . pic sucks too mucj sun right now
20170523_145358.jpg

works on all my rigs . not perfect but stops the quick snatch .
Ironic , now live in Utah . dont lock the house or the cars most days the keys are in them , so i dont have to sort through 10 sets to decide what to drive :hillbilly:

works on all my rigs . not perfect but stops the quick snatch .
Ironic , now live in Utah . dont lock the house or the cars most days the keys are in them , so i dont have to sort through 10 sets to decide what to drive :hillbilly:

hmmm. What did you say your address was? haha. I like the cuffs too. can be for security and recreation.

Tracker, cut off switch, fuel shut off, a loud siren alarm, even hand cuffs. The more resistant you make it the more likely you'll keep it. Most of those idiots have a short attention span.

Some sort of tracker for sure...Lojack, etc.

Edit to add... J Mack told me awhile back, whatever you do for security, don't talk about it on the enterwebs! :) I follow his advise.

Last edited:
J Mack told me awhile back, whatever you do for security, don't talk about it on the enterwebs!
;)

At the of the day I put full replacement coverage insurance (declared value) and if it burns to the ground or someone defeats my best efforts to prevent them from steeling it I’ll let the insurance company deal with it. Basically I’m paying them to worry about its safety so I don’t have to.

when you guys take your Pigs out and need to park and leave it unattended..other than locking the doors..what do y'all do to prevent vehicle theft?
i'ts a pig, so it's rusty, so no one will touch it for fear of tetanus

toss in that they're manual transmission, so only 1 in 50 can drive it anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom