Utah members Shout out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The GGG is set for Nov 12-14, 2004. We hope ppl will be able to utilize the Nov. 11 Veteran's Day Holiday to extend the weekend. Let me know if anyone wants more details.

Our club is also trying to organize a run up to Cedar City in August. No dates are set yet.

We're especially interested in the Cedar run. Any info would be helpful. Where in the cedar area. We are just down the road so we may be able to help.
8)

One of the guys in our club saw an article in a rag (4 Wheel Parts' ?) about a trail near Cedar. If you guys have any suggestions let me know. I am sure I can round up a few guys from the club to check things out in the spring.

I read an article that may have been the one you're talkin' about. It was The Dam Trail or something like that. I can't remember which rag it was either... :p Sorry. Some area in the pics looked super cool. I'll see if I can find the rag again today...

-Ferg-

Have you guys ever heard of Henry Brimmer? Big-time LC and mini enthusiast. Used to be involve with Toyota Trails until recently. Produces that sweet LC calendar every year. Anyway, he lives somewheres in Cedar. I've heard through a few WC club members that he knows all the good trails around there. Anyway, my suggestion is to try and get ahold of him to find out the good trails (if you don't already know them). I don't know the guy personally nor really anything about him except what I've mentioned... But anyway, he has a website called http://www.getlostproductions.com/. You should be able to contact him there if you wanted to.

-Ferg-

The guys in our club were going to get hold of him. He gave us some excellent coverage in the Trails for the 2002 GGG. He brought his sweet 454FJ45 down for the event. The cover for that TT issue was one of the trails we will be running again this year.

Alright everyone, I'm sorry I never got anything worked out for gettin' a run goin' on down there in Sothern Utah. My 60 hasn't been runnin' so good for a while. Power steering's acting up and leakin' like a banshee and now somethings up with the carb I think. The sucker's studerin' like crazy at all speeds and rpms... Plus I've still never wired up my lockers yet either :slap:. Anyway, hopefully the temps continue to rise so I can get some work done on it.

Anways, the real reason I wanted to post up is to let everyone know that Wasatch Cruisers is gettin' ready for our annual Moab pre-run. This year it's going to be held on March 12-14. Here's the current known info:

"Get ready for Cruise Moab! 3/12-3/14 Most people find thier way to Moab on Thursday night, then plan on spending Friday and Saturday pre-running trails. Traditionally this run is for those preparing to lead or gun trails during Cruise Moab. Sometimes we even get a visit from members of Rising Sun 4WD Club of Colorado. This is really one of the best runs of the year. Tons to do, not too warm, and a small crowd make this run a must. Gid-E-Up!

The usual routine is to meet at 9:00 @ Slick Rock Campground right on the main drag as you come into town. It is there that we all just chat about possibilities [of which trails to run,] although some may have ideas of what they want or need to run nothing is decided on in advance. There is usually a hardcore group and a group of girls, i mean...people who dont like to do hard runs."

I'm not any sort of club official or anything (maybe official club internet junkie... :p ) but anyone is welcome to come on out--it'll be a killer time. Put some faces to names and such; run some good trails and have some good story tellin' and what not. And just to put a couple of your questions to ease, yes, Wasatch Cruisers is a "dry" club (meaning no alcohol permitted on club runs), but there are those of us that are dry and there are those of us that are not dry, after the trail runnin' has ceased for the day. Also, there are those of us that are young and those of us that are older and there are those of us that are mature and there are those of us that are un-mature :flipoff2:. Oh ya, and there are those of us that are little sissy whimps that stay in hotels, and there are those of us that camp. :flipoff2: So in short, we've got all kinds so you'll fit right in!

Any other questions, feel free to post up or PM me or send an email to any of the contacts on the Wasatch Cruisers site.

IMPORTANT: There's been a change of plans for the meeting place for Moab Pre-Run. It has been decided that it is probably best to not meet at the Slickrock Campground out of respect for the business and it's patrons (don't want to be clogging up the place with 20 to 30 rigs while we're splittin' into "teams" to go out on the runs). So the morning meeting place has been moved to the town movie theatre that's down by McDonalds. If you're heading south, turn right at the stoplight right by McDonalds and the Theatre is a 100 yds or so down on your left. Meet there Friday and Saturday morning at 9:00 AM

-Ferg-

Oh, and just in case you are debating on whether or not you should come:

A couple WC club members pre-ran the Moab pre-run this past weekend. Here's some pics (Courtesy Ben Butterfield):

47b4dc03b3127cceb944d342ddab0000000610
47b4dc03b3127cceb944d34d5c940000000610
47b4dc03b3127cceb944d308dde10000000610

47b4dc03b3127cceb944d314ddfd0000000610
47b4dc03b3127cceb944d312ddfb0000000610

The pics work for me, but if you can't see 'em or just want to see plenty more, go to http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3487da1e4c7&notag=1

-Ferg-

Where'd everyone go? Maybe nobody knows this Thread is being updated because of the no e-mail notification thing that's messed up right now.

Anyway, there's been a change of plans. It has been decided that it is probably best to not meet at the Slickrock Campground out of respect for the business and it's patrons. So the morning meeting place has been moved to the town movie theatre that's down by McDonalds. If you're heading south, turn right at the stoplight right by McDonalds and the Theatre is on your left about 1/2 block down. 9:00 AM

Hope to see some of you guys there!

-Ferg-

Hey gang, I'm Back! Old PC suffered a major breakdown. Well, more like meltdown. New one is totally weird. This will take some getting used to. Anyway, it's good to be back on line.

Nobody has had time to post anything since Mar.10?

I guess not... :p

I've been busy with my new job and busy tryin' to buy a house. Luckily, the buying a house part is over though--we closed on it yesturday. It's located in Harvest Hills subdivision of Saratoga Springs. Pretty sweet joint at a great price. The best part about it is that it's got two car garage... :D Now comes the movin' part though... :-X

As for wheelin', the new place is about 20 mins from Little Moab and 20 mins from 5 Mile Pass OHV area that has some great trails. Just gotta get the Cruiser back runnin' smooth again and finish up some sliders and a few other things and I'll be Cruisin' around in no time. Luckily the wife just inherited a car from her Gram, whom passed away about a month or so ago, so I get the wife's old 1997 Civic to drive around daily so I'll be able to take my time workin' on my rig if I need to (won't have to worry about havin' to drive it the next day... :p )

What the hell has everyone else been doin' lately? Any good summer wheelin' trips planned yet?

-Ferg-

I created a monster!!!

I had a great time in Moab, even though the woman I brought turned out to be a headcase (read: Psycho).

Too bad I have not been paying attention to the thread I created. oops.

So, now that I am Back in touch and back from Moab, we should all get a meet planned, I say little Moab sounds good.

Whos Down???

Dan

Little Moab sounds good to me. I just moved in right up the street from it... Ok, more like 15 or 20 mins from it... :flipoff2: My rig is havin' some issues, but I'll still drive it a bit. When are ya thinkin'? A couple weeks would be best for me 'cause I'm not all totally moved yet. If my place is put together enough, we could hang out there and BBQ or something afterwards... It's in Harvest Hills in Saratoga Springs which is just north of the crossroads for Lehi Main street and Redwood Rd.

-Ferg-

Where is little Moab? Tell me more. Please. 8)

Hey, we finally made it to the "hideout" up the Manera wash. We're only a few hundred yards from the bottleneck rockgarden. I hope we can have it open soon. This trail will be a good day run with safety outs for broken vehicles. If successful it will end at an old line shack that is a good campsight for a small group of vehicles. The road back from the shack is a nice senic drive down a county road. Or if you haven't had enough wheelin' yet there is a bunch of mining trails we can connect together to make the return trip a bit tougher. We'll keep you posted.

Little Moab is on the West side of Utah Lake...about 3/4 the way down the Lake. Pretty fun little place to test your rig out after new mods have been made. The trail Rattlesnake and Constrictor are near there as well, but they are more out by the 5-Mile Pass OHV area. You could hit them all in a day easily. It's not worth a drive of more than an hour or so though... But if you're spending some time up here, you could hit all that and then hit the trails up American Fork Canyon as well...

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom