Utah members Shout out (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for Cruiser owners so we can get together and have a wheeling day and a bar-b-que ( i will bring the ribs and the Coors) shout out like you mean it :)

I am guessing Utah has a s***e showing in the land cruiser department. I am runnig an 80 series (92 ome and 33's) hitting moab on the 25-278 of april for yotafari. check with the guys at wild yoats for more info.
Shout out completed.
Dave :beer:

I will probably see you down there up, as to the barbecue I think you would have about three more hours of driving......
Dave :beer:

Just found this old thread trying to see if there was anyone in Southern Utah. There's a few of us down here by St.George. We run about every weekend so if you're in this area give us a yell. 78 One owner is right around the block and we are only a few miles from some great wheelin. We have everything from mountain mining trails to slickrock to dunes.

I'm now in Provo, but obviously a bit late for the BBQ...

Dang Hammerhead. I totally spaced postin' on this board about the BBQ... Actually, I have just barely became a member of the Wasatch Cruisers and have only been to three events (including Cruise Moab '03). Check out their website for contact info and/or schedule of events. Wasatch Cruisers. That sucks you are headin' up and coulda came earlier to hit the BBQ... :-\ Are you headed up for business or vacation or something? Bringing the cruiser? I'm clear up in the Logan area, but if you come up this far and want to wheel or anything, we've got some pretty cool trails we could run. And if you're not comin' up this far, I bet there are some SLC or Utah Valley CruiserHeads that could show ya around...

-Ferg-

Get up there periodically. Did the express trip this time. I may be up again next week or so. Didn't bring LC this time. Talking with 78 one owner about a road trip. Got '57 chevy schoolbus for RV. Holds dirtbikes, tows TLC. I have a brother north of Preston. Could maybe use him for excuse to go play.

This info came accross the Wasatch Cruisers Mailing List.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cruiser Outfitters will be hosting the 1st Annual Cruiser
Outfitters "Pigs Across America" Run on Saturday, August 30th 2003.

"Pigs Across America" is a national FJ55 event that takes place in
different locations throughout America. This is the first year that
we have had an "official" run in Utah. All Landcruisers are welcome,
no need to buy a FJ55 for the weekend. Hopefully we get one FJ55 to
show up.

When: 8/30/03
Time: Meet at 9:00 am at Tibble Fork Resevoir
Who: All Landcruiser/Minitruck owners are welcome
Where: Meet at Tibble Fork Lake, American Fork Canyon. (directions
below)
What: We will be doing the Miller Hill trail (description below)

We may also do a BBQ at the top of the trail, let me know if this
interests you.

Getting there: From I-15, take the Alpine-Highland exit just south
of Point-of-the-Mountain. Go east towards the mountains on UT-92 and
continue up American Fork Canyon. There's a $3 fee. About 6 miles up
the canyon, turn left at the North Fork junction and drive 2 miles
to Tibble Fork Reservoir.

We will be running the Miller Hill trail up AF canyon. This trail
will take us up to the sight of George Tyngs grave. George Tyng
leased the Yankee Mine Claims and was killed in an avalanche in 1906
while doing book work in his small cabin. He wished to be buried on
Miller Hill where he enjoyed spending time looking over the canyons
scenery. Along with the great views there are a few other mines
sites and side trails that people may want to check out afterwards...

At the begining of the trail (where it leaves the main dirt road)
you can easily head up to Mineral basin for a little more adventure
after the organized run.

Feel free to email me with any further questions/comments... etc..

kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

--
Cruiser Outfitters
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com
ARB, OME, Detroit, WCD, etc.....

Thanks for the info dude. I'll make sure the southern squad down here gets the skinny. See how many we can get together. Once again, THANKS.
8)

Hammerhead just told me about this ...shout out thread last night. The Miller Hill trail-ride sounds fun. I haven't been up in that area for 20+ years. Wish I could go, but I have to work this weekend.

Utah guys SHOUT OUT!

Hammerhead and I did our usual Monday ride to a trail that hasn't had 4x4 (real 4x4's not ATV's) traffic for years. The trail is washed out big time. We found where someone-also years ago-Found a new access into the wash downstream. We got into the wash and then rock crawled upstream to the old crossing and up the far bank. Wahoo! Further up the trail we came to a sidehill that was steep and loose enough that Hammerhead got a pretty good thrill when the back end of his rig started sliding over the edge, the bottom was waaaay down there. I had to hook on the back and drag him back uphill. When we got the backend back on the trail, the front started sliding, so we just kept dragging for a ways. We decided that without the rest of our group, and, some shoveling we weren't gonna get much further. We're going back though!

Waahoooo doesn't quite cover it. It was one of those places where I might be better off trying it the first time in the team truggy.

Sand Hollow OHV area is officially open. New lake, same cool dunes, new slickrock trails. Trails range from 1 to 4+. Some even tougher. No restrictions (old trail restrictions have been dropped). Very cool.

It's new. To combat the shortage of water they put in a lake on the flats below the Hurricane dunes. They are piping in the water. The whole area was declared an OHV area. Boat, waterski, PWC, ATV, motorcycle, dunebuggy, and best of all, 4x4. I've been riding motorcycles there for thiry years and still haven't seen all of it. We are exploring all of it now that the restrictions have been lifted. There is already a ton of killer trails. You should come down. Bring your camping gear and all your toys. I've already picked up some paddles to try out(got three pairs so I wouldn't be alone). There is so much slickrock that it's gonna take a while to explore it. Come help us. 8)

you people in the states extremeties...
i'm in dead-center manti.
well, i'm actually in ephraim, but i'm from manti (big traveler).
i do pretty much mountain driving around here. haven't been anywhere outside of the county come to think of it, but we find some mudy trails to take in the fall.

Wow, I totally forgot about this post. I spoke with Hammerhead and I would be interested in some Kind of Utah/ Ih8Mud.com meet. I am in North Salt Lake, where is everybody else located???

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom