UROC Indiana mishap... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are missing the point , knocked out or not

DUDE PULLED OFF A 1 1/2 GAINER IN A RIG . I realize it was almost tragic but that was still cool as hell.

How long till the 1 1/2 is part of the comp.?

He did not think it was funny, I assure you. That is the "I am glad to be alove "smirk"

Bob is one of the best drivers in UROC and one of the nicest guys around. You called that one wrong.

There is one team with a remote kill switch in action. Roundeyes will have one in a week I bet. I think it is a damn good idea.

As for the spectators, those are all people with press passes, judges and competetors. The others are behind the flags.

Talk of concrete barriers and elevated spectators galleries are coming out of this. All good. Great video.

I think remote kill switches are an excellent idea. I just hate seeing spectators lose more and more "rights", for lack of better terms, in the name of insurance/lawsuits and safety. I agree, safety first, but damn don't take all the fun out of being there, feeling the action up close.

I'm just wondering out loud... elevated spectator seating.. what happens if the buggy ran into the supports for those? Just food for thought. I mean, they've obviously got to be portably, so we're talking aluminum structures here...

Eskimo said:
I'm just wondering out loud... elevated spectator seating.. what happens if the buggy ran into the supports for those? Just food for thought. I mean, they've obviously got to be portably, so we're talking aluminum structures here...

In this case, the guy wo built the artificial rock arena is planning on building the spectator areas up with the same material as the hills.

reminds me of those videos you see on sites like big-boys.com
ya know, the ones where the WRC ralley car plows into the crowd at 40mph. i've watched a metric crap load of them and it always seems like the place the spectators are standing is the last place you'd think the car could go.

peesalot said:
We are missing the point , knocked out or not

DUDE PULLED OFF A 1 1/2 GAINER IN A RIG . I realize it was almost tragic but that was still cool as hell. QUOTE]

True Story! :cheers:

isotel said:
Remote Kill Switch is a great idea, Same as they use it in Monster Trucks.. Crazy Video, Glad no one was hurt.

three of the top compeditors in the aussie werock series, and the guy that organises it have set about developing a kill switch for these, they started the day the vid was released. good to see us aussies learn quick

so with the monstor trucks, who holds the switch?

there is some debate who should hold it, course marshal or spotter

course marshal should be watching, but might get bored and start lookin at the fine chick over in the white top, or may kill it at an inoportune moment

spotter knows the driver and rig, so more likely to pick the situation better, but in heat of competition may have his back turned (runnin up the next obsticle???) and may bump it accidently

so discuss away :D

bad_religion_au said:
so with the monstor trucks, who holds the switch?

:D

In monster trucks, an official holds one and a crew member hold one....one thing that is different in Monster trucks from this, they hit the kill switch any time it goes over, in Rock Crawling, many times you stay on the throttle and attempt to right it.
Butch

Who ever you give the switch to, make them personal liable for any damage that accures due to them not killing the rig.l

Texican said:
In monster trucks, an official holds one and a crew member hold one....one thing that is different in Monster trucks from this, they hit the kill switch any time it goes over, in Rock Crawling, many times you stay on the throttle and attempt to right it.
Butch

i guess it would only really need to be killed is if/when it was headed towards other people like that.... i'd imagine it doesn't really happen alot?

from the aussie site i frequent they say its apparently it's happened twice in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom