Upstate Cruisers Shooters Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who would be interested in getting together whenever to "cling to our guns" and make them go boom before we can't afford ammo anymore? If there is a range/ area to shoot legally in the upstate that'd be cool, otherwise we have a decent place up here in Hendoville, indoor range ~30 yards decent setup. Anyways it was a thought....

I am taking mine next time we do Uwharrie as they have that outdoor range there.....BillWright used it this last time. I just got to not get lost so I will have time to pop some caps...

There is a DNR shooting range in Liberty...nice set up for rifles and handguns....if you want to shoot skeet it's either hand throwing or bring a launcher

I got to plink around with a couple of my 22 rifles at my cousin's house (old farm) in TN a few weekends ago. I went thru an entire brick of 22LRs. I definitely miss having access to an outdoor range. I'd be interested, but time and distance are the deciding factor for me.

I am little far for you guys- but I have a outdoor range set up in a valley behind my house we could use. Just let me know.

i'm there next time I shoot, I have been wanting to shoot outdoors for a while...We went to the indoor range locally this last weekend and between my wife, myself and my neighbors we put about 300 rounds thru my beretta and we rented a glock 23 and shot some .45acp as well....As soon as wal mart gets some WWB's back in i'll load up on some of those and we'll pick a spot to go shoot...

There is a DNR shooting range in Liberty...nice set up for rifles and handguns....if you want to shoot skeet it's either hand throwing or bring a launcher

I have a spring loaded launcher and a box of clays. Also would be interested in some hand/long gun
practice.

I'm all about it.

The DNR range has a 100yd rifle, skeet area and pistol range, free.
There's another one at Pauline, S Spartanburg county. That one has a skeet launcher and spotting scopes available as well.
Both have 100yd ranges and maybe the Pauline one has a longer one.

There's a commercial one in Greenville on the N side, $10 a session or $175 a year (I think).
It has about eight 15yd pistol lanes and maybe five 21yd rifle lanes. Also lots of interesting events like machine gun nights and night shoots. Plus lots of firearms and CWP etc classes. They have ammo at WalMart prices or better or bring your own for a $5 upcharge. They also sell and rent lots of different guns including class III items. It's called Allen Arms, there is a website.

Any time you guys get together let me know, I like to shoot and have several varieties of choices to shoot. I could practice 3 times a week and never get as much done as I need to.
b

I am little far for you guys- but I have a outdoor range set up in a valley behind my house we could use. Just let me know.

That sounds good. I might be giving you a call.;)

I have a spring loaded launcher and a box of clays. Also would be interested in some hand/long gun
practice.

The DNR Range in Pickens/Liberty actually has two of their own throwers available for use for free. I've been goin up there to shoot every Friday for a while now. Good place! Skeet is only on Fri. and Sat. til 5 though.

sounds good to me, if there is an "offical" uc shooting trip let ME KNOW, I would really enjoy meeting up for a shot fest,,,,

on the other hand, I have 48 ac at our place and a few different sites to shoot, skeet, hand guns and rifles set ups, I recently marked off 100 yards with a dirt backstop (but need to make a shooting table, but like to travel with guns, I need to sight in my ar-10, and a few 15's, (I am looking real hard at the nikon scopes vs the leupolds),, coyotes are calling my heart

as far as skeet:
I have a benelli m1 super 90 12 ga that is a real treat to shoot skeet with, especially with the pistol grip buttstock set up

and I have a portable clay tosser with I think a case of clays,,,

Last edited:
now I am going to need that new sight for my AR15 with some nice rounds for yotes if my shoulder gets tired of the big boys. then again would rather shoot hogs...so you guys can have the yotes.

Jeff Busby and I used to use the shooting range at the Chauga.

I reallllly want to check out this allen arms place. Full Auto makes me happy!!!!

ATP in Charleston area opened their new store and ranges this past year.....full auto capable, hi powered up to .50cal capable....CCW classes....whole nine yards. It is a sweet setup.... even has archery range upstairs and told you can even shoot blackpowder in there if you need.

If you guys get out this way there is a really nice sporting clays place in Washington, NC that I have been frequenting.

I reallllly want to check out this allen arms place. Full Auto makes me happy!!!!

They just acquired their first rental piece, an H&K HMP5; $20/hr plus ammo. I don't know how many mags they have. You can shoot a pile of 9mm in an hour at 800rpm. One of the staff over there brought in some funky 45cal thing the other day when I was working my AP4, sez 'hey Bill wanna shoot a machine gun?' Firing as short bursts as I could it didn't take long to run off 30. I was pretty proud of my groups though. First time I ever shot full auto, it's a heady experience.
I don't remember what he called it. It looked like somebody made it in his basement out of left over plumbing parts. Looked sorta like a WWll 'grease gun'.
b

My appologies, I have been absent for some time, I have frequented both the Cedar Creek range near Mountain Rest (The one that Mongo is referring to) and the one in Liberty. I have spent some time at Allen Arms as well. I am also a frequenter of the sporting clays courses arount the area. Anytime anyone has the itch to pull a trigger let me know! Mongo, you know where we could get some UC Shooting Club shirts printed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom